• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Brings a TOTAL different meaning to OC

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Guys, guys...my grandfather used to tell me in the USMC back on Guadalcanal he would sometimes have to fire a round just to dislodge his bayonette from between the enemies ribs.

Same principle here!

G.R.A.D. .22 cal Knife Gun

grad-knife-gun.jpg

More info:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2006/12/22caliber_knife_gun_slices_shoots.html

Other interesting items here:
http://orangecountyshields.tripod.com/id15.html

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Guys, guys...my grandfather used to tell me in the USMC back on Guadalcanal he would sometimes have to fire a round just to dislodge his bayonette from between the enemies ribs.

A true Marine!* Only a Marine would use the bayonet if there was still a round in the rifle!

*Unlike some retired Navy Master Chiefs who spell it "bayonette". Must have some French heritage mixed in with the Italian somewhere. :):p

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
BobCav wrote:

A true Marine!* Only a Marine would use the bayonet if there was still a round in the rifle!

*Unlike some retired Navy Master Chiefs who spell it "bayonette". Must have some French heritage mixed in with the Italian somewhere. :):p

Good thing I retired a Senior Chief, huh? LMAO....

Yeah, he was a tough S.O.B! Had to be, I imagine!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Citizen wrote:
BobCav wrote:

Good thing I retired a Senior Chief, huh? LMAO....

Yeah, he was a tough S.O.B! Had to be, I imagine!

Oh! C-H-I-E-F !

I mispelled. I meant Master Chef. :)

gridboy

imported post

In some places, the knife laws are more restrictive than the gun carry laws.
It would be funny to get charged for a knife violation, with no penalty under
gun carry.

gridboy

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

In high school (early 80's) my metal shop teacher was a retired Navy machinest and weapons fabricator. He showed us kids how to make shotguns and zip guns for defense from the materials at hand.