Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FX Network TV series 30 Days Tonight 7/1: Guns!

Post imported post

Check it out Tonight! Should air around 10:00 pm on the FX Network(check your local schedules)

From the 30 Days website:
    http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...days/index.php

PARTICIPANT - Pia Lalli, 39
    RESIDES - Brockton, MA
    OCCUPATION - Aerobics Instructor
    AIRDATE - Tuesday, July 1, 2008
    After Pia learned that her friend had been killed by a schizophrenic man wielding a gun in 1996, she became a gun control advocate who has fought to pass stricter gun laws in the U.S. Pia believes that the world would be free from gun violence only by prohibiting the sale of guns to anyone outside of law enforcement and armed services.

For 30 Days, Pia will live in the heart of gun culture in the rural town of Leesburg, Ohio with gun enthusiast Ken Ekermeyer, 39, and his 15-year-old son Zach. Ken is an avid gun collector and rarely leaves home without his gun strapped to his side. Ken believes carrying a gun is his right guaranteed to every American by the Second Amendment. As Pia struggles to understand the Ekermeyer's beliefs and somewhat isolated way of life, she will work at a local gun store and experience what it is like to carry a gun in public, learn to handle and fire weapons and will introduce Ken to other gun control activists who have lost loved ones to gun violence.
    It will be interesting to see how this turns out, but I think we can all predict what happens: The Anti-Gunner will finally come to the realization that guns DON'T kill people, gun control doesn't work, good people SHOULD have guns, and maybe she will evenunderstandthat she is responsible for her own self-defense and startcarrying oneherself (Hey, I can dream, can't I?).

Watch it for yourself and post your opinions on the show here.

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

She'll be carrying on the job from day 1? That or she'll look silly going naked at a gun shop. Either way, this should be good.

-ljp

Post imported post

I will look for it online after it airs tonight.......I don't watch TV much, and can't stay up that late to watch any of the good shows anyways.......:?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I just hope that the man will be as well informed and level headed as many of the members of this board.

Post imported post

DopaVash wrote:
    I just hope that the man will be as well informed and level headed as many of the members of this board.
    Maybehe is one of the members of this board.

Ken, come on, stand up and be recognized!

Post imported post

I'm in it.

There's a short clip of me shooting my (very loud) Surbu .50 BMG rifle in the prone position. I'm wearing a woodland camo bonnie hat.

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    DopaVash wrote:
    Maybehe is one of the members of this board.

Ken, come on, stand up and be recognized!
    Ken's a good buddy of mine, but unfortunately he doesn't frequent many online forums.

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    Check it out Tonight! Should air around 10:00 pm on the FX Network(check your local schedules)

From the 30 Days website:
    http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...days/index.php

RESIDES - Brockton, MA
    After Pia learned that her friend had been killed by a schizophrenic man wielding a gun in 1996, she became a gun control advocate who has fought to pass stricter gun laws in the U.S. Pia believes that the world would be free from gun violence only by prohibiting the sale of guns to anyone outside of law enforcement and armed services.

For 30 Days, Pia will live in the heart of gun culture in the rural town of Leesburg, Ohio with gun enthusiast Ken Ekermeyer, 39, and his 15-year-old son Zach. Ken is an avid gun collector and rarely leaves home without his gun strapped to his side. Ken believes carrying a gun is his right guaranteed to every American by the Second Amendment. As Pia struggles to understand the Ekermeyer's beliefs and somewhat isolated way of life, she will work at a local gun store and experience what it is like to carry a gun in public, learn to handle and fire weapons and will introduce Ken to other gun control activists who have lost loved ones to gun violence.
    It will be interesting to see how this turns out, but I think we can all predict what happens: The Anti-Gunner will finally come to the realization that guns DON'T kill people, gun control doesn't work, good people SHOULD have guns, and maybe she will evenunderstandthat she is responsible for her own self-defense and startcarrying oneherself (Hey, I can dream, can't I?).

Watch it for yourself and post your opinions on the show here.

...Orygunner...
    I don't have that Channel

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    I don't have that Channel
    Neither do we. All we have is a pair of rabbit ears. I'm hoping someone will record it for me.

Post imported post

Check www.hulu.com in the next week or so, they have 30 Days up on there, and should have the episodes that air on TV within a week after the airing.......

Post imported post

A MA liberal anti-gunner immersed in the "gun culture"? Well, considering that everything about the description of the chick indicates someone who emotes and has poor to no critical thinking skills, this may be an utter waste of time. I'm interested in the end result, not the story as she already bores me.

Edit: Ohio Patriot can you save us the suspense and tell us the end result in a nutshell. I don't have much patience for those reality type shows. Still, very cool that you are in it and that one of the main people is a good friend of yours.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Ohio Patriot can you save us the suspense and tell us the end result in a nutshell.
    Wish I could, but I haven't seen the show, either. I simply showed up for the shoot.

Post imported post

On FX, tonight (July 1) at 9:00CT and 10:00ET.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Now that sounds interesting! Thanks for the heads up.

Post imported post

Show is O.K. so far.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Just started on the FX Channel...

RESIDES - Brockton, MA

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...isodeguide.php
    (see episode 5, link at top right)

Post imported post

posted here

Post imported post

I just talked to my cousin. She said the segment showed me shooting the .50 in prone, and loading the next shot. She said I wasn't wearing a hat. (I thought I had a hat on.)

Post imported post

Yep, I'm slow

Post imported post

So far, I don't like the complete lack of any facts (from studies) that we use to make our point.

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    posted here
    And here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/12929.html

Post imported post

TIVO'd!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Cute! Hope she learns something and shows some brains too.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I'd say it wasn't to bad at all, fairly positive overall. BTW when did we start to get all this good publicity. Did anyone else catch the reference to open carry?

Post imported post

As mentioned in another thread, I'm in it for a few seconds.

We don't have cable or satellite, so I didn’t see it.

I just talked to my cousin. She said the segment showed me shooting a .50 BMG rifle in the prone position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast