• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FX Network TV series 30 Days Tonight 7/1: Guns!

Orygunner

imported post

Check it out Tonight! Should air around 10:00 pm on the FX Network(check your local schedules)

From the 30 Days website:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/30days/index.php

PARTICIPANT - Pia Lalli, 39
RESIDES - Brockton, MA
OCCUPATION - Aerobics Instructor
AIRDATE - Tuesday, July 1, 2008
After Pia learned that her friend had been killed by a schizophrenic man wielding a gun in 1996, she became a gun control advocate who has fought to pass stricter gun laws in the U.S. Pia believes that the world would be free from gun violence only by prohibiting the sale of guns to anyone outside of law enforcement and armed services.

For 30 Days, Pia will live in the heart of gun culture in the rural town of Leesburg, Ohio with gun enthusiast Ken Ekermeyer, 39, and his 15-year-old son Zach. Ken is an avid gun collector and rarely leaves home without his gun strapped to his side. Ken believes carrying a gun is his right guaranteed to every American by the Second Amendment. As Pia struggles to understand the Ekermeyer's beliefs and somewhat isolated way of life, she will work at a local gun store and experience what it is like to carry a gun in public, learn to handle and fire weapons and will introduce Ken to other gun control activists who have lost loved ones to gun violence.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out, but I think we can all predict what happens: The Anti-Gunner will finally come to the realization that guns DON'T kill people, gun control doesn't work, good people SHOULD have guns, and maybe she will evenunderstandthat she is responsible for her own self-defense and startcarrying oneherself (Hey, I can dream, can't I?).

Watch it for yourself and post your opinions on the show here.

...Orygunner...

Legba

imported post

She'll be carrying on the job from day 1? That or she'll look silly going naked at a gun shop. Either way, this should be good.

-ljp

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just hope that the man will be as well informed and level headed as many of the members of this board.

MetalChris

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
I just hope that the man will be as well informed and level headed as many of the members of this board.
Maybehe is one of the members of this board.

Ken, come on, stand up and be recognized!;)

Ohio Patriot

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
DopaVash wrote:
Maybehe is one of the members of this board.

Ken, come on, stand up and be recognized!;)
Ken's a good buddy of mine, but unfortunately he doesn't frequent many online forums.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Check it out Tonight! Should air around 10:00 pm on the FX Network(check your local schedules)

From the 30 Days website:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/30days/index.php

RESIDES - Brockton, MA
After Pia learned that her friend had been killed by a schizophrenic man wielding a gun in 1996, she became a gun control advocate who has fought to pass stricter gun laws in the U.S. Pia believes that the world would be free from gun violence only by prohibiting the sale of guns to anyone outside of law enforcement and armed services.

For 30 Days, Pia will live in the heart of gun culture in the rural town of Leesburg, Ohio with gun enthusiast Ken Ekermeyer, 39, and his 15-year-old son Zach. Ken is an avid gun collector and rarely leaves home without his gun strapped to his side. Ken believes carrying a gun is his right guaranteed to every American by the Second Amendment. As Pia struggles to understand the Ekermeyer's beliefs and somewhat isolated way of life, she will work at a local gun store and experience what it is like to carry a gun in public, learn to handle and fire weapons and will introduce Ken to other gun control activists who have lost loved ones to gun violence.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out, but I think we can all predict what happens: The Anti-Gunner will finally come to the realization that guns DON'T kill people, gun control doesn't work, good people SHOULD have guns, and maybe she will evenunderstandthat she is responsible for her own self-defense and startcarrying oneherself (Hey, I can dream, can't I?).

Watch it for yourself and post your opinions on the show here.

...Orygunner...
I don't have that Channel:(

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A MA liberal anti-gunner immersed in the "gun culture"? Well, considering that everything about the description of the chick indicates someone who emotes and has poor to no critical thinking skills, this may be an utter waste of time. I'm interested in the end result, not the story as she already bores me.

Edit: Ohio Patriot can you save us the suspense and tell us the end result in a nutshell. I don't have much patience for those reality type shows. Still, very cool that you are in it and that one of the main people is a good friend of yours.

boohickey11

imported post

On FX, tonight (July 1) at 9:00CT and 10:00ET.

echo6tango

imported post

Just started on the FX Channel...

RESIDES - Brockton, MA

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/30days/episodeguide.php
(see episode 5, link at top right)

Ohio Patriot

imported post

I just talked to my cousin. She said the segment showed me shooting the .50 in prone, and loading the next shot. She said I wasn't wearing a hat. (I thought I had a hat on.)