• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FX Network TV series 30 Days Tonight 7/1: Guns!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'd say it wasn't to bad at all, fairly positive overall. BTW when did we start to get all this good publicity. Did anyone else catch the reference to open carry?

Ohio Patriot

imported post

As mentioned in another thread, I'm in it for a few seconds.

We don't have cable or satellite, so I didn’t see it.

I just talked to my cousin. She said the segment showed me shooting a .50 BMG rifle in the prone position.

Evil Ernie

imported post

It totally turned out ok tho. She's definitely allowed to have her opinion, but now she's waaaaay more educated.
I think meeting the family that had to defend themselves is what really woke her up to the fact that there are good, law abiding folks out there that choose to arm themselves and for good reason!
I do wish that he would have pushed the "arrest/prosecute/execute violent criminals" a bit more, but that may have been due to editing. It kinda seemed at times that his arguments were rather cut short if not entirely deleted.

On the Evil Meter, I give it 8 rounds out of a full 10 round magazine.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My fiancee is a born and bred city girl who, despite having shot clays with a 12 ga a few times before meeting me, found the entire idea of CC shocking and OC totally nuts. She is not a gung-ho gun nut now, but she accepts them as part of our life and even OC'd briefly over Memorial Day weekend. She is still not at the point where she wants to carry daily or get her CCW.

Anyway, I say that to tell you this: She was watching the program and called me to tell me about it. She describes the beginning of the show and says, "So yeah, this city chick shoots a gun for the first time in her life and starts flippin' crying. What a pussy."

Do I know how to pick 'em? :celebrate

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Couple things I noticed.
She's a hip hop arobics teacher, what do a lot of hip hop people "sing" about? B slapping hoes and shooting each eother over drugs. At least they thank GOD when they get awards. LOL

In the beginning with her dad and boyfriend they were laughing over her saying the gun guys would be drinking moonshine and flying rebel flags. Typical of the left wing bigots.

I think she got educated about the difference in the gun culture and criminal culture. But she'll stay an anti for the most part.

Lastly she looked pretty good from the back shooting the GLOCK at the indoor range.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

This is the most important part.

“He’s a law-abiding gun (enthusiast) who owns a gun, several guns. If it’s against the law, he won’t do it. He’s not the person I need to worry about,” she said.

One more anti that has come to the realization that gun violence is about the person being violent and NOT about the gun.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think his arguments had to have been cut short. Some of the things those Ceasefire emote moms said were apalling and should have been retorted if they weren't, and the retort should have been aired if they were.

To suggest that Gun-owners are such out of fear is sheer lunacy. We don't fear the criminals, but we prepare for them none the less. In effect, one could say we fear criminals less because we're not going to be the ones cowering in the corner when they strike.

There were other things severely wrong with that part of the show but I don't remember all of it. Good show all around tho, very positive to our cause.

Prophet

imported post

While i dont think Pia is going to be championing the move to lighten asinine gun control laws in Mass. I like what she said at the end of the program. That while the gun culture may not be her thing and she may not carry she now realizes that law abiding citizens have that right to own firearms for sport, hunting and defense. That was paraphrased but thats the jist of it.

If you think about it, just because WE"RE gun toting freedom lovers doesnt mean that every freedom lover needs to tote guns. As long as they respect our right to what more can we really ask for.

HerbM

imported post

Two more chances to get this show (on my Dish satellite at least):

FX network:

Friday 4th 10pm Central/11 pm Eastern

Sunday 6th 10pm Central/11 pm Eastern

HerbM

imported post

Ohio Patriot wrote:
As mentioned in another thread, I'm in it for a few seconds.

We don't have cable or satellite, so I didn’t see it.

I just talked to my cousin. She said the segment showed me shooting a .50 BMG rifle in the prone position.
There is definitely a prone (what looks like a) .50 caliber shooter in close up.

The gun control girl says something to the effect (as the camera cuts to the .50 shooter several times and in close up), "There was even someone shooting a 50 caliber...machine gun, I think".

Another note:
If you ever think that hoplophobia is not a REAL condition or are told that it is a made up term to insult gun control advocates, you can see a clear example (actually several examples) of it in this video.

The most obvious is watching her fire her first shot, with a shotgun. She is literally overwhelmed and breaks down at the idea and sound of the gun.

She is NOT hurt by the recoil, not frightened by the loud noise, she has a visceral phobia (like) reaction to the fear and thoughts that this invokes in her.

Several times during the show she explains that "every time" she hears a gun shot she thinks of someone being murdered. She has the sound of a gunshot wired into the horror of murder.

I wonder even how she can watch most TV or movies....

Hoplophobia is real folks.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HerbM wrote:
The gun control girl says something to the effect (as the camera cuts to the .50 shooter several times and in close up), "There was even someone shooting a 50 caliber...machine gun, I think".

Funny thing is, wasn't it a bolt action. Hahaha.