• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Customized SP101

IndianaBoy79

imported post

This is my Ruger SP101, 2 1/4 inch barrel 357 magnum. I OC and CC and prefer to train with and use the same gun for both. This SP101 has a bobbed hammer to prevent snags, the trigger was rounded off and I did some small trigger work to make the pull smoother. It has a Meprolight night sight. The grips are stock, but I had custom stag grip panels made by Sack Peterson at http://www.sackpeterson.com/ The OC hoster is a Milt Sparks PMK. Very comfortable. The CC holster is a Galco Stow-N-Go. Only 20 bucks but it is the best CC holster I ever found for this gun.

Attachments

• dscf0007.jpg
    dscf0007.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 541

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I hunted up a picture of one on Ruger's website.

It seems the one in the pictures above has a different front sight. All of SP101's on Ruger's website show a taller sight with the ramp turned t'other way.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Citizen wrote:

It seems the one in the pictures above has a different front sight. All of SP101's on Ruger's website show a taller sight with the ramp turned t'other way.
Indeed. My SP101 is equipped with a night sight made by Meprolight, a company based in Israel I believe. Makes all the difference in low light situations.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Indeed. My SP101 is equipped with a night sight made by Meprolight, a company based in Israel I believe. Makes all the difference in low light situations.
Well, I'm glad I asked nicely.I was about to say some idiot put your sight on backwards. :)

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Well, I'm glad I asked nicely.I was about to say some idiot put your sight on backwards. :)
ROFL No no, there is only one way this sight could possibly be installed. Otherwise the glowing dot would be facing my attacker!

eyesopened

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
ROFL No no, there is only one way this sight could possibly be installed. Otherwise the glowing dot would be facing my attacker!
"Look at this dot please and wait for the flash..."

nova

imported post

Oh great...now I want one! :cool:(actually I've been wanting an SP101 for awhile)

Nice...the work really shows. :)