• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Depot, Marysville, OH

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
$10.00 gift card ???? :uhoh:

OMG...I hope they don't have to break the Bank to send you this.

Multi-billion $$$ company??? and they toss you a $10.00 gift card???

I guess the gesture is nice.

Does that $10 even compensate you driving 1 way at the rate the gas costs?

TJ
Sheesh, TJ. 10 bucks is a hell of a lot better than the waste of paper that WalMart sends out.

This just shows that The Home Depot is pro 2nd Amendment, and deserves our business!

WOO HOO Home Depot!!! :celebrate:monkey

Here is something you guys can print out and show to any rogue Home Depot Managers.

http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law_regs/postedletters/homedepo.pdf

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's a nicely written letter bsbrum. Hopefully this added attention will get that sign removed and people won't be hassled while carrying in the store.

bsbrum

imported post

Thanks J - hopefully something positive will come of it.

I have reached out to Home Depot Corporate HQ in Atlanta as of this morning, and I will have my letter to the local manager in the mail today, with a copy of that letter written to the gentleman from Tennessee.

Interestingly, that sign used to be posted at the entrance to the employee area, back by the restrooms. It about gave me a heart attack the day I noticed it, because I was packing and headed into the restroom. When I came out, there is the employee notice board and the no-guns sign... gulp.

So perhaps some zealous employee or the manager decided that the sign was silly back there where no one could see it, and thought it would be much better in plain view of the entrance to the store.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The first time I was in that store was back in December, 2007 and I had the same surprise that you did. The sign was posted nowhere, but outside the restroom and that's where I saw it as I came out. Fortunately it was on the "Employees" bulletin board and nowhere else so I assumed it did not apply to me. By the way bsbrum are you familiar with either the Buckeye Firearms Association ( http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/) or Ohioans for Concealed Carry ( http://www.ohioccw.org/) ? If you're not already familiar with these organizations you may want to check them out. :)

bsbrum

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
The first time I was in that store was back in December, 2007 and I had the same surprise that you did.  The sign was posted nowhere, but outside the restroom and that's where I saw it as I came out.  Fortunately it was on the "Employees" bulletin board and nowhere else so I assumed it did not apply to me.  By the way bsbrum are you familiar with either the Buckeye Firearms Association ( http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/) or Ohioans for Concealed Carry ( http://www.ohioccw.org/) ?  If you're not already familiar with these organizations you may want to check them out. :)

Yeah, I am a contributor to Buckeye Firearms Association and have been to the ohioccw site as well. As a relatively new transplant to central ohio (moved from Colorado), it has been an educational experience to say the least, acclimating to the Ohio laws. I am still floating by on my Florida CCW, but will be doing the Ohio CCW course with my wife -- as soon as we shake a couple hundred bucks free. :)

I still need to get her a good conceal-carry weapon my Glock 30 is just too clunky for her ... maybe a Kimber or Kahr .40 would be a good idea for an extra special something for the upcoming 20th anniversary? :)

Thanks for the tips and motivation to do something about the Home Depot. My letter is in the mailbox as I type.

bsbrum

imported post

jmelvin-

I have not ... I am anxiously awaiting their reply. I mailed my letter to the Marysville manager, and also contacted the HQ. No word thus far.

I'll be sure to keep you posted. :)

--
Brian

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It took a few days to get back to me so they must be doing the same. Hopefully they are finding out what the manager's major malfunction is.

bsbrum

imported post

j- Not a peep. I've been gone celebrating the 20th with the wifey ... now we're back and I'll dive back into this.

Tosta - Thanks for the tip on the executives.

--
Brian

bsbrum

imported post

Yeah - thanks ... I included that letter in with my (unanswered) letter to the manager.

So here's the latest and greatest.

1. No reply from Marysville store manager to my letter.
2. No reply from HD HQ.
3. Grrrrrrr.

Monday my wife was out and about, and took a swing by Home Depot. The sign was still up. She went in and asked to speak with the manager, and two managers came to speak to her.

She explained the situation: 1. it is not HD corporate policy, 2. the sign used to be back at the employee rest area, 3. we will drive 20 miles out of our way to get something that they might have in stock.

Their response was: 1. It is corporate policy (she informed them that they need to check on it), and they said they would check again with corporate. 2. The feigned all knowledge of the past status of the sign, and assured her that they were only following what they believed was corporate policy. 3. they would follow up on it and act accordingly.

So ... we're back to a little more wait-and-see. I still need to ping their HQ folks again.

Now that my wife will be 'packing' all the time, this issue has really hit home for her -- it's not just her kooky husband making life hard. :)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Home Depot corporate does not allow those signs. Bring a copy of the letter above with you. If this isn't sufficient, write a letter to the regional president and explain that your local Home Despot is in violation of their corporate policy. The problem will be corrected by corporate in short oder.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=14088&forum_id=54&jump_to=238281#p238281

Edit: "not", not "now"
:banghead:

bsbrum

imported post

My wife just stopped in with the letter, and the management claimed that "No Guns" is the new Corporate policy.

I will be calling HQ today.