• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is OC and/or CC legal in State Parks now?

MarKing

imported post

I've searched online and am getting conflicting information.

Can someone point me to the right place?

Thanks.

MarKing

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
go to http://www.idaho.gov and click on firearms laws..
I saw that. Then I saw this:

Idaho Administrative Rules:

http://adm.idaho.gov/adminrules/rules/idapa26/26index.htm

#26.01.20.600

600.PERSONAL SAFETY, FIREARMS. [font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT"][font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT"]
No person may discharge firearms or any other projectile firing device, or otherwise purposefully or negligently endanger the life of any person or creature within any land administered by the Department. All firearms brought onto lands administered by the Department shall be unloaded at all times and either out of sight, or in a vehicle, except when used for legal hunting as authorized in Section 575 in this chapter, or for exhibition or at designated ranges as authorized by the Director. (3-7-03)

Did the recent preemption bill address this?
[/font]
[/font]

Hiredgun30

imported post

Code:
Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city,
agency, board or any other political subdivision of this state may adopt or
enforce any law, rule, regulation, or ordinance which regulates in any manner
the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, transportation,
carrying or storage of firearms or any element relating to firearms and
components thereof, including ammunition.

Code:
 thats from the preemption law. i would argue that administrative rules arent statutes

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

SB 1441, effective March 28, 2008, enacted Idaho Code §18-3302J, which is a strong preemption law that includes state agencies and therefore preempts the state park carry ban.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

WVCDL is correct. The recent clarification of the law says that only state statutes can regulate firearm possession. Carry to your heart's content!

tatersalad

imported post

Does this include National Forests managed by the Forest Service? My family goes camping a lot in the Boise National Forest in the Idaho City area and I would like to be able to carry while camping. And what about National Parks?

Batx00

imported post

National Forests fall under different laws then the State. Just like anything, national laws over rule state laws. IIRC it is safe to carry in National Forests just as long as you dont go into any National Forest Service buildings, ie visitor centers.

National Parks are different than National Forests, they currently ban firearms (unless they are completely unuseable and unaccesible), but this law is currently up for review last I checked.