• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is OCing limited the same as conceal carry

Claimed My Rights

imported post

Is the list of where I can't carry concealed the same for Open carry or can I open carry in some of those places. If so which ones?

snake021

imported post

ParatrooperJJ wrote:
That only appies to concealed carry. It does not apply to open carry.

Right, but if there is a sign that says no CC, I can pretty much guarantee you that it means no weapons, period. Especially if it's a private business that posts it.

It's the same with the schools, churches, gov buildings, etc., all the places in ORC 2923.126 specifically state CC, but try and walk past those signs into a courthouse OC'ing and I'll think you'll end up kissing the marble.

There's another thread here about it,

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum43/5109.html

JSK333

imported post

There is no law in the ORC that restricts open carrying in government buildings other than courthouses, mental institutions and law enforcement buildings.

Same goes for on college campuses.

The signs recommended by the no-concealed statute may say "no weapon," but the underlying statute banning carry only specificly bans concealed carry.