Thread: National Open Carry Day

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Is there a national open carry day? Some people new to open carry might not want to do it by themselves, but if there was a day when they would know others would be doing it, and that law enforcement would know about open carry day, might they be more inclined to do so? This could possibly get more potentional open carriers who were "nervous" before. Each state would make their own flyer with appropriate state laws to ensure that they carry properly. Each state could plan an event, rent an area of a park, or anything they want, or nothing at all. The point is to make open carry common, and make people comfortable doing so and being comfortable around it aswell and also to show respect to our American history/heritage of open carry.

Post imported post

I'd moreso recommend attending OC meetups. That way, you have a group of people in the same location. So, safety in numbers, at least outside of Dickson City, PA. I doubt that a nation-wide event of individuals OCing would provide much comfort to those who are looking to start OCing, but who are nervous to do so.

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    I'd moreso recommend attending OC meetups. That way, you have a group of people in the same location. So, safety in numbers, at least outside of Dickson City, PA. I doubt that a nation-wide event of individuals OCing would provide much comfort to those who are looking to start OCing, but who are nervous to do so.
    You make it kinda sound like:

new OCer: Hello, my name is Deepdiver, and I'm an open carrier.

everyone: Hi Deepdiver ...

:P
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Every day is national open carry day. There are just some states and federal jurisdictions that unjustly and unconstitutionally deprive citizens of their god given right to bear arms.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    You make it kinda sound like:

new OCer: Hello, my name is Deepdiver, and I'm an open carrier.

everyone: Hi Deepdiver ...

:P
    A twelve-step program for quitting exclusive concealed carry... I like it!

Post imported post

if i was around other OCers i would feel more comfortable and confident to OC for the first time. It would be a good ice breaker for me. I carry concealed, but I'd like to OC.