• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Day

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Is there a national open carry day? Some people new to open carry might not want to do it by themselves, but if there was a day when they would know others would be doing it, and that law enforcement would know about open carry day, might they be more inclined to do so? This could possibly get more potentional open carriers who were "nervous" before. Each state would make their own flyer with appropriate state laws to ensure that they carry properly. Each state could plan an event, rent an area of a park, or anything they want, or nothing at all. The point is to make open carry common, and make people comfortable doing so and being comfortable around it aswell and also to show respect to our American history/heritage of open carry.

imperialism2024

imported post

I'd moreso recommend attending OC meetups. That way, you have a group of people in the same location. So, safety in numbers, at least outside of Dickson City, PA. I doubt that a nation-wide event of individuals OCing would provide much comfort to those who are looking to start OCing, but who are nervous to do so.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I'd moreso recommend attending OC meetups. That way, you have a group of people in the same location. So, safety in numbers, at least outside of Dickson City, PA. I doubt that a nation-wide event of individuals OCing would provide much comfort to those who are looking to start OCing, but who are nervous to do so.
You make it kinda sound like:

new OCer: Hello, my name is Deepdiver, and I'm an open carrier.

everyone: Hi Deepdiver ...

:p

Thundar

imported post

Every day is national open carry day. There are just some states and federal jurisdictions that unjustly and unconstitutionally deprive citizens of their god given right to bear arms.

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
You make it kinda sound like:

new OCer: Hello, my name is Deepdiver, and I'm an open carrier.

everyone: Hi Deepdiver ...

:p
A twelve-step program for quitting exclusive concealed carry... I like it!

yeahYeah

imported post

if i was around other OCers i would feel more comfortable and confident to OC for the first time. It would be a good ice breaker for me. I carry concealed, but I'd like to OC.