Thread: We need some kind of moderation...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Since the throwing out the baby with the bath water incident, the forum has turned into a flood of duplicate posts. Every single noteworthy news event, TV show, website poll, or discussion ends up in 2 or 3 or 5 different threads spread across different sub-forums.

Please, John and Mike, don't let your reaction to the misbehavior of a single moderator damage such a great forum. Please reinstate BobCav, longwatch, and anyone else you feel competent to do a good job. It only takes a moment to remove a moderator who is out of control... making the rules for moderators clear up front should help avoid any issues later.

We need a few good men (or women)!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I noticed it to but it looks like John cleared some duplicate posts up already. I've posted dups too, but Ive learned I need to look before I post. Self moderation would help a lot to take the load off of John and Mike.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Since we have a lot of new members, perhaps it's worth repeating:

Folks, though you may only check your particular state forum for issues pertinent to your state, there are manyof us that are active nationwide. Many local itemsthat mayaffect gun rights on a nationallevelare posted in theNews & Political Alertssection, not necessarily in a state forum. The Joe Horn issue for example.

Please check News & Political Alertsor use the search feature at the top of the page before posting. It will save the admins a lot of time "housekeeping" and make browsing easier for everyone!

Thanks!

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Since we have a lot of new members, perhaps it's worth repeating:

Folks, though you may only check your particular state forum for issues pertinent to your state, there are manyof us that are active nationwide. Many local itemsthat mayaffect gun rights on a nationallevelare posted in theNews & Political Alertssection, not necessarily in a state forum. The Joe Horn issue for example.

Please check News & Political Alertsor use the search feature at the top of the page before posting. It will save the admins a lot of time "housekeeping" and make browsing easier for everyone!

Thanks!
    +1 on that. Nevertheless, I get the feeling that some people will continue to be lazy and complain that moderators should be fixing what they can fix on their own.