Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bugged at drive in

Post imported post

well normally i carry most of the time and on this last friday i went to the drive in to see the movies with my family and they are aware i carry and my daughter who is 6 knows daddy carrys open doesnt even ask anymore. she knows why. well i ventured to the bathroom to use te restroom and notice this fellow i me , didnt think nothing of it until i was walking back and he kinda followed me. then after he past i was stopped by the manager and quetioned if i had a permit. so doing the usaul i asked him if he knew where he lived and if he had any clue nevada was an open carry state. he still ask if i had a permit so i told him yes its registered. well long story short he asked me to put it in my car and i obliged , but his reason for it was there was kids around. i thought wow nevermind all the dumb ass teenagers cussing and all the little gang bangers showing colors and causing trouble lets harass the guy PROTECTING his family using his civils rights and showing it proudly wearing his open carry tshirt .40 on his hip

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sorry to hear of the bad encounter, but glad it didn't end with LE showing up or you being kicked out.

I hate that excuse "kids around". Makes no sense to me. Isn't "defending yourself and your family" a lesson kids ought to learn? Carrying a gun DOES NOT MEAN I want to kill a bad guy or be the hero. It means I want a fighting chance in case that bad guy wants to kill me and a hero isn't around.....

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Touchy subject. The anti-gunners have mostly won that battle in the court of public opinion. Look at all the shrill screaming that goes on when anyone talks about guns in schools.

I have open carried a couple times to the Silver Bowl soccer complex on Russell and Boulder Hwy when my daughter was there for soccer practice. I have always concealed on game day to avoid the certain hassles it would entail.

This is the reason it's so important that we fight back intelligently and persistently in the press and in our communities. Winning the regulatory battle isn't enough.

Post imported post

30 years ago, shooting was a sport in schools, now kids are suspended and/or arrested for bringing in a souvenir shell casing.

public opinion towards guns has changed drastically, and in some parts of the country, guns are considered inhumane and uncivilized.

Post imported post

New phrase for people who approach you that are not cops:

"No thank you." then walk away.

There is a dvd called "fighting pistol" ya'll should check out.

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    30 years ago, shooting was a sport in schools, now kids are suspended and/or arrested for bringing in a souvenir shell casing.

public opinion towards guns has changed drastically, and in some parts of the country, guns are considered inhumane and uncivilized.
    Both Carson and Douglas high schools still have shooting teams, as do other schools in Nevada. The Carson Senators have brought home many shooting awards and trophies...

Activist Member

Post imported post

Loneviking wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:

Both Carson and Douglas high schools still have shooting teams, as do other schools in Nevada. The Carson Senators have brought home many shooting awards and trophies...
    I tried for the shooting team at Wooster High school a couple of years and was a backup (never needed). However, the year before I went there they switched to air rifles instead of .22s.

Post imported post

Out here, i think its much more traditional compared to the communist north east where i came from. Recently, a kid in Mass. was suspensed for bringing a spent cartridge to school. he was told it was a weapon.

i love how in the state of nevada, it's still old school and not rampant with liberalism and regulation.

Activist Member

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    I hate that excuse "kids around". Makes no sense to me.
    Yeah someone in my neighborhood used that excuse on me. I asked him why that mattered and he basically just repeated himself not giving any reason.

Post imported post

yeah i didnt like that excuse he gave me. like abullet is just gonna jump out of the gun and kill some one just because im carrying openly.

Post imported post

Old topic, I know, but I just wanted to add that most high schools seem to have ROTC/JROTC/NJROTC and they involve using Garand copies for drill.

In another state, a girl got suspended for having her ROTC plastic/wood drill M1 in the back seat of her car on school grounds.

It's idiotic how things have become.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Want to get your blood boiling? Just google search terms like

zero tolerance common sense

You'll find plenty of stories of society being rendered safer by the zero tolerance policies.

Post imported post

iroc383 wrote:
    i was stopped by the manager and quetioned if i had a permit. so doing the usaul i asked him if he knew where he lived and if he had any clue nevada was an open carry state. he still ask if i had a permit so i told him yes its registered.

Guns are required to be registered in Nevada? Permit required for OC? What?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Registered for residents of Clark County, NV only (the location of Las Vegas). Visitors and residents of all other counties are not required to have such a registration. However, this is new as of January 1, 2008. Prior to then, the registration was "required" by anyone possessing a firearm in Clark county, including visitors.

It's a county law that still exists (exception provided in the state preemption law).

It's hotly lobbied by LE and almost everyone else wants to see it go.

According to Las Vegas Police web site, it's not required to carry the registration card on you, but this is not known by all cops, so some may demand you present it without authority to do so. Also, because of the recent change mentioned above, many cops may still try to enforce this registration requirement on everyone. YMMV, but responding to any such demands with insistence that LE call and verify with their firearms bureau should get them off your back.

Tim

Post imported post

OCing is almost like having tattoos now a days. society frowns upon people with tattoos and sees them a criminals. Unfortunately that is the way things are becoming with guns. people see you OCing and immediately assume you are going to do something wrong. It is sad to see the way things are becoming.

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    Sorry to hear of the bad encounter, but glad it didn't end with LE showing up or you being kicked out.

I hate that excuse "kids around". Makes no sense to me. Isn't "defending yourself and your family" a lesson kids ought to learn? Carrying a gun DOES NOT MEAN I want to kill a bad guy or be the hero. It means I want a fighting chance in case that bad guy wants to kill me and a hero isn't around.....
    The "kids around" arguement always makes me respond by saying, "You're right, there are kids around. Good thing I can protect them, huh?"

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

Guns are required to be registered in Nevada? Permit required for OC? What?
    Just a Clark County regulation. 60 days to registar your firearms if your visiting and a couple days if you live there. The rest of Nevada is still American. Kalifornia started encroching on Las Vegas pretty heavily for a while there. I thinkthey have learned their lesson and are now voting real Americans back in to their legislatures and law enforcement. It's an uphill fight but I think the American's will win again

Clark county doesn'treally have much of a choice since the Supreme Court confirmed what we all knew...to keep and bear arms isour right, and it shall not be infringed.

Post imported post

Well... if I happen to wander into 'Vegas for a few days... I'm damn sure not 'registering' anything.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

No, only if your visit is longer than 60 days is it required that you register your firearm. And since you should remain silent if questioned about how long you've been in town, there should never be a chance of ever getting cited.

Post imported post

If I was outt'aArizona more than a few days... my picture would be on the back of a milk carton.

Post imported post

Hef wrote:
    timf343 wrote:

The "kids around" arguement always makes me respond by saying, "You're right, there are kids around. Good thing I can protect them, huh?"
    GOOD ANSWER!! I think I will use that one myself if anyone uses that "there are kids around" argument on me. +1

Dave R

Post imported post

I had no idea there was any drive in theaters ANYWHERE in the world. Laughs

-- The manager has a right to ask you not to carry. I usually ask employees if they ar the manager, as they usually do not have a right otherwise. If he was the manager, tell him you will, but that you'd like the number to the OWNER. You'd be amazed how many OWNERS are Pro-Gun.

Post imported post

I tell people "I don't usually shoot the kids..."

Post imported post

"The "kids around" arguement always makes me respond by saying, "You're right, there are kids around. Good thing I can protect them, huh?"

Okay, whoever said that... +5. I can think of no better response!

Tattoos are becoming more and more aceptable nowadays. There was a time when Tattoos were seen by the Sheep in very similar ways that OC and guns are seen today. This past weekend, I went to a carshow with my sister. She has many tattoos, all of which could be considered "tasteful". She was complimented about 6 times on one in particular: a tattoo'd rendering of my our Grandparents' wedding picture. I have a Mustang Running Horse emblem tattooed in plain view on my left bicep. I get compliments all the time. I've even been asked if I was a Broncos fan... I think to myself " Broncos?!?! No..... Ford Mustang!!!" I am in Colorado after all. My point here is that tattoos ARE becoming acceptable. the Sheep are learning that all tattooed people are not freaks, ingrates, criminals, rebels, etc. If this can happen in BOULDER, Colorado (A suburb of California in CO), then it just further reinforces the fact that if more and more people OC, more and more sheep will become acustomed to it. Some will educate themselves. The rest will just follow the others' lead in thinking " if they don't care, neither do I".

I heard something once that said " Zero tolerance equals Zero Common Sense." The young lady that was suspended for leaving a painted wooden ROTC practice rifle was here in Colorado. It was all over the news for weeks. They covered the story as though she went on a rampage. They slammed her, they cried Zero Tolerance and they (the media and the education board) decided to use this young woman as an "example". Oh, how my blood was boiling. Even after a near Decade since "Columbine", Coloradoans in general get very emotional when it comes to guns. I guess they "don't mess around". It's sad to see and when I tell people I own/carry guns, they instantly start acusing me of being part of "the problem. They also start spewing this garbage that the media spoon-feeds them, and the throw around the insults like you wouldn't believe. I even thought of some of these people as my friends. One went as far as forbidding me to even leave my loaded weapon in my truck parked in the street infront of his house. "Leave it at home, or don't come over." This guy is a friend no longer. He really crapped his pants at last years Halloween party at another friend's house. I went as Neo from the matrix, without the trench coat. I had a thigh-rig (forget what they're called), and my cocked-and-locked 1911 strapped in. The part host had no problem with it. The other dude spent the whole night feeling "uncomfortable" and talked about it constantly. Since my ownership of guns, and carrying of guns, I have been given a strong dose of how ignorant and uneducated society really is. Zero tolerance really does mean Zero Common Sense today.

Sorry for the rant, I just couldn't resist to comment to some of the posts here.

Post imported post

nomidlname wrote:
    The rest of Nevada is still American. Kalifornia started encroching on Las Vegas pretty heavily for a while there. I thinkthey have learned their lesson and are now voting real Americans back in to their legislatures and law enforcement.

Why do people in Nevada blame their problems on California. Newsflash!!! Clark County had most of their laws in place since the mid 1960's.... long before California was controlled by the radical left. In fact at that time, Clark County had WORSE gun laws than California.

Then upstaters in NV blame Las Vegas while people like Bernie Anderson were running around Carson City (from Washoe County).

The problems in Nevada are not being fixed because of the hacks in the legislature as well as overbearing sheriff's, but that's another story

The 2 biggest remaining problems in Nevada are the grandfathered portions of preemption as well as their unfriendly laws regarding knives. Then again almost every state is lightyears behind Oregon when it comes to knives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast