• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bugged at drive in

iroc383

imported post

well normally i carry most of the time and on this last friday i went to the drive in to see the movies with my family and they are aware i carry and my daughter who is 6 knows daddy carrys open doesnt even ask anymore. she knows why. well i ventured to the bathroom to use te restroom and notice this fellow i me , didnt think nothing of it until i was walking back and he kinda followed me. then after he past i was stopped by the manager and quetioned if i had a permit. so doing the usaul i asked him if he knew where he lived and if he had any clue nevada was an open carry state. he still ask if i had a permit so i told him yes its registered. well long story short he asked me to put it in my car and i obliged , but his reason for it was there was kids around. i thought wow nevermind all the dumb ass teenagers cussing and all the little gang bangers showing colors and causing trouble lets harass the guy PROTECTING his family using his civils rights and showing it proudly wearing his open carry tshirt .40 on his hip

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sorry to hear of the bad encounter, but glad it didn't end with LE showing up or you being kicked out.

I hate that excuse "kids around". Makes no sense to me. Isn't "defending yourself and your family" a lesson kids ought to learn? Carrying a gun DOES NOT MEAN I want to kill a bad guy or be the hero. It means I want a fighting chance in case that bad guy wants to kill me and a hero isn't around.....

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Touchy subject. The anti-gunners have mostly won that battle in the court of public opinion. Look at all the shrill screaming that goes on when anyone talks about guns in schools.

I have open carried a couple times to the Silver Bowl soccer complex on Russell and Boulder Hwy when my daughter was there for soccer practice. I have always concealed on game day to avoid the certain hassles it would entail.

This is the reason it's so important that we fight back intelligently and persistently in the press and in our communities. Winning the regulatory battle isn't enough.

yeahYeah

imported post

30 years ago, shooting was a sport in schools, now kids are suspended and/or arrested for bringing in a souvenir shell casing.

public opinion towards guns has changed drastically, and in some parts of the country, guns are considered inhumane and uncivilized.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

New phrase for people who approach you that are not cops:

"No thank you." then walk away.

There is a dvd called "fighting pistol" ya'll should check out.

Loneviking

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
30 years ago, shooting was a sport in schools, now kids are suspended and/or arrested for bringing in a souvenir shell casing.

public opinion towards guns has changed drastically, and in some parts of the country, guns are considered inhumane and uncivilized.
Both Carson and Douglas high schools still have shooting teams, as do other schools in Nevada. The Carson Senators have brought home many shooting awards and trophies...

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Loneviking wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:

Both Carson and Douglas high schools still have shooting teams, as do other schools in Nevada. The Carson Senators have brought home many shooting awards and trophies...
I tried for the shooting team at Wooster High school a couple of years and was a backup (never needed). However, the year before I went there they switched to air rifles instead of .22s.

yeahYeah

imported post

Out here, i think its much more traditional compared to the communist north east where i came from. Recently, a kid in Mass. was suspensed for bringing a spent cartridge to school. he was told it was a weapon.

i love how in the state of nevada, it's still old school and not rampant with liberalism and regulation.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

timf343 wrote:
I hate that excuse "kids around". Makes no sense to me.
Yeah someone in my neighborhood used that excuse on me. I asked him why that mattered and he basically just repeated himself not giving any reason.

iroc383

imported post

yeah i didnt like that excuse he gave me. like abullet is just gonna jump out of the gun and kill some one just because im carrying openly.

BhmBill

imported post

Old topic, I know, but I just wanted to add that most high schools seem to have ROTC/JROTC/NJROTC and they involve using Garand copies for drill.

In another state, a girl got suspended for having her ROTC plastic/wood drill M1 in the back seat of her car on school grounds.

It's idiotic how things have become.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Want to get your blood boiling? Just google search terms like

zero tolerance common sense

You'll find plenty of stories of society being rendered safer by the zero tolerance policies.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

iroc383 wrote:
i was stopped by the manager and quetioned if i had a permit. so doing the usaul i asked him if he knew where he lived and if he had any clue nevada was an open carry state. he still ask if i had a permit so i told him yes its registered.

Guns are required to be registered in Nevada? Permit required for OC? What?

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Registered for residents of Clark County, NV only (the location of Las Vegas). Visitors and residents of all other counties are not required to have such a registration. However, this is new as of January 1, 2008. Prior to then, the registration was "required" by anyone possessing a firearm in Clark county, including visitors.

It's a county law that still exists (exception provided in the state preemption law).

It's hotly lobbied by LE and almost everyone else wants to see it go.

According to Las Vegas Police web site, it's not required to carry the registration card on you, but this is not known by all cops, so some may demand you present it without authority to do so. Also, because of the recent change mentioned above, many cops may still try to enforce this registration requirement on everyone. YMMV, but responding to any such demands with insistence that LE call and verify with their firearms bureau should get them off your back.

Tim

OCing60

imported post

OCing is almost like having tattoos now a days. society frowns upon people with tattoos and sees them a criminals. Unfortunately that is the way things are becoming with guns. people see you OCing and immediately assume you are going to do something wrong. It is sad to see the way things are becoming.

Hef

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Sorry to hear of the bad encounter, but glad it didn't end with LE showing up or you being kicked out.

I hate that excuse "kids around". Makes no sense to me. Isn't "defending yourself and your family" a lesson kids ought to learn? Carrying a gun DOES NOT MEAN I want to kill a bad guy or be the hero. It means I want a fighting chance in case that bad guy wants to kill me and a hero isn't around.....

The "kids around" arguement always makes me respond by saying, "You're right, there are kids around. Good thing I can protect them, huh?"

nomidlname

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Guns are required to be registered in Nevada? Permit required for OC? What?

Just a Clark County regulation. 60 days to registar your firearms if your visiting and a couple days if you live there. The rest of Nevada is still American. Kalifornia started encroching on Las Vegas pretty heavily for a while there. I thinkthey have learned their lesson and are now voting real Americans back in to their legislatures and law enforcement. It's an uphill fight but I think the American's will win again :)

Clark county doesn'treally have much of a choice since the Supreme Court confirmed what we all knew...to keep and bear arms isour right, and it shall not be infringed.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Well... if I happen to wander into 'Vegas for a few days... I'm damn sure not 'registering' anything.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No, only if your visit is longer than 60 days is it required that you register your firearm. And since you should remain silent if questioned about how long you've been in town, there should never be a chance of ever getting cited.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

If I was outt'aArizona more than a few days... my picture would be on the back of a milk carton.