• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bugged at drive in

thefirststrike

imported post

Hef wrote:
timf343 wrote:
Sorry to hear of the bad encounter, but glad it didn't end with LE showing up or you being kicked out.

I hate that excuse "kids around". Makes no sense to me. Isn't "defending yourself and your family" a lesson kids ought to learn? Carrying a gun DOES NOT MEAN I want to kill a bad guy or be the hero. It means I want a fighting chance in case that bad guy wants to kill me and a hero isn't around.....

The "kids around" arguement always makes me respond by saying, "You're right, there are kids around. Good thing I can protect them, huh?"
GOOD ANSWER!! I think I will use that one myself if anyone uses that "there are kids around" argument on me. +1

Dave R

Pace

imported post

I had no idea there was any drive in theaters ANYWHERE in the world. Laughs

-- The manager has a right to ask you not to carry. I usually ask employees if they ar the manager, as they usually do not have a right otherwise. If he was the manager, tell him you will, but that you'd like the number to the OWNER. You'd be amazed how many OWNERS are Pro-Gun.

Kiddo

imported post

"The "kids around" arguement always makes me respond by saying, "You're right, there are kids around. Good thing I can protect them, huh?"

Okay, whoever said that... +5. I can think of no better response!

Tattoos are becoming more and more aceptable nowadays. There was a time when Tattoos were seen by the Sheep in very similar ways that OC and guns are seen today. This past weekend, I went to a carshow with my sister. She has many tattoos, all of which could be considered "tasteful". She was complimented about 6 times on one in particular: a tattoo'd rendering of my our Grandparents' wedding picture. I have a Mustang Running Horse emblem tattooed in plain view on my left bicep. I get compliments all the time. I've even been asked if I was a Broncos fan... I think to myself " Broncos?!?! No..... Ford Mustang!!!" I am in Colorado after all. My point here is that tattoos ARE becoming acceptable. the Sheep are learning that all tattooed people are not freaks, ingrates, criminals, rebels, etc. If this can happen in BOULDER, Colorado (A suburb of California in CO), then it just further reinforces the fact that if more and more people OC, more and more sheep will become acustomed to it. Some will educate themselves. The rest will just follow the others' lead in thinking " if they don't care, neither do I".

I heard something once that said " Zero tolerance equals Zero Common Sense." The young lady that was suspended for leaving a painted wooden ROTC practice rifle was here in Colorado. It was all over the news for weeks. They covered the story as though she went on a rampage. They slammed her, they cried Zero Tolerance and they (the media and the education board) decided to use this young woman as an "example". Oh, how my blood was boiling. Even after a near Decade since "Columbine", Coloradoans in general get very emotional when it comes to guns. I guess they "don't mess around". It's sad to see and when I tell people I own/carry guns, they instantly start acusing me of being part of "the problem. They also start spewing this garbage that the media spoon-feeds them, and the throw around the insults like you wouldn't believe. I even thought of some of these people as my friends. One went as far as forbidding me to even leave my loaded weapon in my truck parked in the street infront of his house. "Leave it at home, or don't come over." This guy is a friend no longer. He really crapped his pants at last years Halloween party at another friend's house. I went as Neo from the matrix, without the trench coat. I had a thigh-rig (forget what they're called), and my cocked-and-locked 1911 strapped in. The part host had no problem with it. The other dude spent the whole night feeling "uncomfortable" and talked about it constantly. Since my ownership of guns, and carrying of guns, I have been given a strong dose of how ignorant and uneducated society really is. Zero tolerance really does mean Zero Common Sense today.

Sorry for the rant, I just couldn't resist to comment to some of the posts here.

Jared

imported post

nomidlname wrote:
The rest of Nevada is still American. Kalifornia started encroching on Las Vegas pretty heavily for a while there. I thinkthey have learned their lesson and are now voting real Americans back in to their legislatures and law enforcement.

Why do people in Nevada blame their problems on California. Newsflash!!! Clark County had most of their laws in place since the mid 1960's.... long before California was controlled by the radical left. In fact at that time, Clark County had WORSE gun laws than California.

Then upstaters in NV blame Las Vegas while people like Bernie Anderson were running around Carson City (from Washoe County).

The problems in Nevada are not being fixed because of the hacks in the legislature as well as overbearing sheriff's, but that's another story

The 2 biggest remaining problems in Nevada are the grandfathered portions of preemption as well as their unfriendly laws regarding knives. Then again almost every state is lightyears behind Oregon when it comes to knives.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

iroc383 wrote:
he still ask if i had a permit so i told him yes its registered.
You missed a great opportunity to nonchalantly say "Nobody needs a permitopen carry a handgun in Nevada, now excuse me." And walk away.

I bet he would have just stood there and left you alone after that.