• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC AIRPORT CARRY POLL

rlsst30

imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25480902

this poll is pretty close at the moment, hit it up!

[line]

Gun rights advocates have filed a lawsuit challenging the 'gun free' zone declared at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. What do you think?17253 responses

Bearing arms is every American's right
52%
dotRed.gif

Allowing guns in the terminal would only endanger more people

.....not to mention the way they word it...%

falcon1

imported post

Voted for freedom. Current results:

Gun rights advocates have filed a lawsuit challenging the 'gun free' zone declared at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. What do you think?

18645 responses

Bearing arms is every American's right 55%
dotRed.gif

Allowing guns in the terminal would only endanger more people 45%
dotRed.gif

tattedupboy

imported post

55 to 45 when I hit it.

I'm just wondering if any of those saying that gun carrying in airports would endanger more people would feel the same way if, God forbid, some madman went in there shooting the place up; would they feel that they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, or if they would all of a sudden feel the need to take responsibility for their safety into their own hands. Then again, no amount of reasoning has ever been known to change the mind of an anti, so what's the point?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The problem is that most antis' opinions regarding firearms are based on emotion, not thought and reason. Arguing with them is like trying to calmly explain to a 6 year old why this is an appropriate time to go to bed.

tattedupboy

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
The problem is that most antis' opinions regarding firearms are based on emotion, not thought and reason. Arguing with them is like trying to calmly explain to a 6 year old why this is an appropriate time to go to bed.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Uh...

Just a small point for your consideration, even though the probability of it every occurring is low.

Do not fire a standard round on a high-altitude aircraft. The overpressure could actually cause a rupture in a seal, and create a rapid depressurization. The Air Marshall's actually carry specialized rounds, and are trained to use their firearm only as an absolute last resort.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Uh...

Just a small point for your consideration, even though the probability of it every occurring is low.

Do not fire a standard round on a high-altitude aircraft. The overpressure could actually cause a rupture in a seal, and create a rapid depressurization.
Not true. Thoroughly hashed out here and on many other pro-gun sites.

smash29

imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Uh...

Do not fire a standard round on a high-altitude aircraft. The overpressure could actually cause a rupture in a seal, and create a rapid depressurization. The Air Marshall's actually carry specialized rounds, and are trained to use their firearm only as an absolute last resort.
I have about 5000 hours flying "high altitude aircraft" and I'malways amused when I readstuff like this. Where exactly are you getting your info, and do you have any idea how the pressurization system works on a jet? It's not like in the movies.

JosephMingle

imported post

smash29 wrote:
Phoenixphire wrote:
Uh...

I have about 5000 hours flying "high altitude aircraft" and I'malways amused when I readstuff like this. Where exactly are you getting your info, and do you have any idea how the pressurization system works on a jet? It's not like in the movies.
Even if it were true, use hydra-shok or several other variant hollow-point rounds and make sure your grouping is very tight.

smash29

imported post

No problem Phoenix. Hope I didn't come off too badly with my response, it's just that aviation is the only subjectI'm even remotely qualified to comment on so I need to take the opportunity when it presents itself!

That link you posted explains it all a lot better thanI could have. Thanks.