• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Secret Service Agent Fights Off Carjackers

LEO 229

imported post

http://www.nbc4.com/news/16740256/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

LARGO, Md. -- An off-duty Secret Service agent was the victim of an attempted carjacking in Prince George's County late Saturday, police said.

The agent was approached by five men in the parking lot of the Boulevard at the Capital Centre in Largo about 10 p.m. The agent fire his gun and the men took off in a dark-colored Nissan Maxima.

Police later received a report of a man in a dark Maxima being dropped off at Prince George's Hospital suffering a gunshot.

Police said they have made no arrests.

Pointman

imported post

Snipped from: http://talking-stuff.blogspot.com/2008/06/secret-service-agent-thwarts-carjacking.html

By Clarence Williams and Martin Weil, Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, June 29, 2008; C04

Armed robbers tried to take a motorcycle last night from an off-duty officer in the uniformed division of the Secret Service. The officer was unhurt in the confrontation, and the Maxima was later found bloody and abandoned.

The incident occurred about 8:30 p.m. at a restaurant area on Capital Centre Boulevard. Four men drove up to the officer, and two got out, one of them with a gun. He ordered the officer to lie down while the other took the motorcycle. The officer fired his pistol at the gun-wielding robber. Abandoning the motorcycle, the robbers fled.

VAopencarry

imported post

Secret Service 1 Carjacker 0

A few years ago near Baltimore carjackers tried jacking an FBI Agent, haha, FBI 1 jackers 0.:lol:

I'd love to see the look on these knuckeheads face when the victim pulls out a gun and shoots them, it's gotta be priceless.....

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

And being Maryland, if the victim had not been a federal agent (or a big wig politically connected democrat) he would not have been armed. :banghead:

XD40coyote

imported post

And if anyone other than the "special" people could legally carry in MD, there might even be a lowering of the rates of carjackings and other such violent crimes. WOW!Imagine that! Criminals will start to put 2 and 2 together after a # of their brethren get shot/killed by armed citizens.

Apparently the powers that be in MD are of the mindset of the anti gun lady on the "30 days" show, when she first began her 30 days. Maybe the guv, and several senators and house reps of MD should each spend 30 days immersed in the legal gun culture and culture of carry, living with ordinary gun owning people and talking with ordinary people who used a gun in self defense.

sccrref

imported post

Forget that, they need to spend some quality and a large quantity of time with some of the common folk who live out in the highest crime areas of the city at all hours of the night and day. Then let us see how they feel about the current gun restrictions in DC. This would open their eyes up plenty or possibly close them for ever due to the environment that they created.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
And being Maryland, if the victim had not been a federal agent (or a big wig politically connected democrat) he would not have been armed. :banghead:

But the BG still would have:banghead:. Cuz they OF COURSE care to follow the Gun Laws, right:uhoh:.

To me a car, motorcycle ANY type transportation should be considered as a horse back in the "olden days".

And WHAT did we do to horse thieves ???:D

TJ

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SNIP And WHAT did we do to horse thieves ???:D

According to Toby Keith and Willie Nelson you found a tall oak tree...

Then went and got your horses drunk. :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

;)

That's what I'm talking about
TJ

[align=center]UTAH MAN ABUSES HORSES[/align]

[align=left]Disassociated Press[/align]
[align=left]A Utah man's advocacy for getting horses drunk has a local animal rights group up in arms. Amy Fuzzycuddles, animal rights activist, decried supplying alcohol to horses."Its horse brutality," she said. [/align]
[align=left]A veterinarian said, "Its now common for horses who witness hangings to want to go out and get drunk. We've seen a strong correlation between horseslistening to Country & Western music and equine alcohol abuse."[/align]
[align=left]Hezekiah Longneck, a descendant of several unsuccessful 19th centuryhorse-thieves supported supplying medicinal quantities of alcohol to horses. "After all that posse-riding, and having to witness capital punishment, I'd want a drink, too," he said. [/align]
[align=left]Asked about the possibility of prosecution, police responded, "The animal rights group is annoying; but we can't arrest them."[/align]
[align=left]Story based on wire reports, exaggeration, and outright invention.[/align]

[align=left][/align]

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Citizen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

;)

That's what I'm talking about
TJ

[align=center]UTAH MAN ABUSES HORSES[/align]

[align=left]Disassociated Press[/align]

[align=left]A Utah man's advocacy for getting horses drunk has a local animal rights group up in arms. Amy Fuzzycuddles, animal rights activist, decried supplying alcohol to horses."Its horse brutality," she said. [/align]

[align=left]A veterinarian said, "Its now common for horses who witness hangings to want to go out and get drunk. We've seen a strong correlation between horseslistening to Country & Western music and equine alcohol abuse."[/align]

[align=left]Hezekiah Longneck, a descendant of several unsuccessful 19th centuryhorse-thieves supported supplying medicinal quantities of alcohol to horses. "After all that posse-riding, and having to witness capital punishment, I'd want a drink, too," he said. [/align]

[align=left]Asked about the possibility of prosecution, police responded, "The animal rights group is annoying; but we can't arrest them."[/align]

[align=left]Story based on wire reports, exaggeration, and outright invention.[/align]

[align=left][/align]

Citizen , you crack me up:lol:.

TJ

bourneshooter

imported post

This story is proof of many things.

1: Everybody should carry all the time. Especially in MD where the tangos no that you aren't legally supposed to carry.

2. Tangos aren't alone anymore. A 5 shot .38 ain't going to cut it if you have to shoot it out.

Mega ditos to the Secret Service Agent in this incident. :celebrate

IanB

imported post

That reminds me of a report from LAST year.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=2330&forum_id=54&highlight=citizen+scotch

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Fairfax County Resident Accidentally Shoots Himself

The Fairfax Times Dispatch
Saturday, April 28, 2007; 10:40 PM

According to Fairfax Co. police a resident accidentally discharged a loaded firearm into his foot Saturday night while trying to unload it. A 37 year old man is in the hospital with non life threatening injuries and is expected to make a full recovery. The accident happened after the man visited an ABC store and purchased an expensive bottle of scotch at the behest of his friends who recommended it. Later on, he told police he was watching a zombie movie on television and wanted to practice "dry firing" at the T.V. set. While attempting to unload his firearm the accident occurred. Police are not expecting any charges.

XD40coyote

imported post

Pointman wrote:
XD40coyote wrote:
And if anyone other than the "special" people could legally carry in MD, there might even be a lowering of the rates of carjackings and other such violent crimes. WOW! Imagine that! Criminals will start to put 2 and 2 together after a # of their brethren get shot/killed by armed citizens.
I'd like to remind my favorite OpenCarry lady that in 98% of defensive gun uses, no shot is fired (AACFI). Many more lives would be saved than lost.

When/why did I become your favorite OC lady? OMG!11!!!

BTW I am aware of the stats. I am going on the assumption that the crooks who have been so used to unarmed civilians in this state would wake up pretty fast that something has changed and be more leery and perhaps the overall violent crime rate would go down. They will actually have to thinkabout wethertargeting that man getting in his car in the suburban mall parking garage, is a good or bad idea. Right now, he is far game for even the skinniest stupidest crackhead.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
That reminds me of a report from LAST year.

nakedshoplifter wrote: [/b]
Fairfax County Resident Accidentally Shoots Himself

The Fairfax Times Dispatch
Saturday, April 28, 2007; 10:40 PM

According to Fairfax Co. police a resident accidentally discharged a loaded firearm into his foot Saturday night while trying to unload it. A 37 year old man is in the hospital with non life threatening injuries and is expected to make a full recovery. The accident happened after the man visited an ABC store and purchased an expensive bottle of scotch at the behest of his friends who recommended it. Later on, he told police he was watching a zombie movie on television and wanted to practice "dry firing" at the T.V. set. While attempting to unload his firearm the accident occurred. Police are not expecting any charges.
You would have to bring that up again. :)

AbNo

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Apparently the powers that be in MD are of the mindset of the anti gun lady on the "30 days" show, when she first began her 30 days. Maybe the guv, and several senators and house reps of MD should each spend 30 days immersed in the legal gun culture and culture of carry, living with ordinary gun owning people and talking with ordinary people who used a gun in self defense.

? Never heard of it.

ccw9mm

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Police later received a report of a man in a dark Maxima being dropped off at Prince George's Hospital suffering a gunshot.

Police said they have made no arrests.
Hm. I wonder what it would take, if not a gunshot "victim" arriving in a vehicle matching the description of felony suspects' car.