• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to disarm

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mp3mogul wrote:
Yes, save the sign for target practice!!!

I agree, Obama is going to be elected, we may as well move to Canada now...
Have you even looked at the gun laws in Canada? The only reason to move to Canada is if we thought we'd have a better chance winning a revolution against mounties.

AbNo

imported post

There's some compelling evidence that Obama may actually be the latest incarnation of Nyarlathotep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep

He's over six feet tall, skinny, dark skinned, left handed, and likes to show himself as being a friend of the lower class.....

A tall, thin, swarthy, sinister individual, indeed....

"The fellahin [lower class workers] knelt when they saw him, yet could not say why."

Ever talk to an Obama supporter?

"What policies of Obama's do you like, why should I vote for him?"

"Um, he's about... um, change."

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

possumboy wrote:
I received a visit from some people wanting to "share" Obama with me.

I was on my why out with my Kimber 1911. I agreed to talk with them a few minutes and stepped outside to lock the door.

One of the first things the woman said was: "Please take that gun back in the house, it is making me uncomfortable."

It was said in a demanding tone.
These guys came on YOUR property, to beg you to vote for 'Bama, and the first words out of their mouth were a demand that you take your weapon off.

I would have said, "That's exactly why I will NOT vote for Obama; if I help put you people into power, soon enough there will be two ATF agents standing right where you two are now, telling me to hand my gun over because it makes you guys uncomfortable". Any further statement denying that this would happen would be hypocritical in the extreme; Obama doesn't want to take my guns, he's just supported and surroundedby people who do.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

possumboy wrote:
SNIP One of the first things the woman said was: "Please take that gun back in the house, it is making me uncomfortable."

I don't know whether to characterize that as stupid or arrogant.

What the heck, call it both. Dumb Obama Gun-Scared, Hoplophobic, Idiot TyrantS.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

What I think is missing in all of this is the concept of private property and one's curtilage. And by this I am referring to the idea of present and, more recent, past generations which have abandoned the idea of private property in favor of community and even communual beliefs. I have seen the erosion of private property rights and the respect for same in my lifetime.

People nowadays think nothing of walking onto your property at their whim and will, without asking your permission to "enter" your domain. Years ago, this would have been unheard of. And the idea that someone would come on your real property and demand you remove a piece of your personal property from your person because they felt uncomfortable, would have garnished them a quick trip to the other side of the end of your real property.

The current think is more along the lines of borderless real property where you have no recognized lines of demarcation with which to control people and keep them at bay. This moves your real property line from the edges of your land to the edges of your dwelling. So since these trespassers were still outside of your home, they had no qualms about telling (demanding) that you obey their command to disarm.

I would remind all of you that the famous phrase, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" started out as, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of property". The Founders knew full well that one of the marks of a free man was ownership of property - particularly of the real kind.

rebfan

imported post

Wow, just wow. I guess that isa Dem for you. I would havetold them to getoff my propertyor I would call the Police to reportunauthorized peoplewere on my property.

possumboy

imported post

I can be very utilitarian.

I keep a list of what the candidates say and their voting records. It help me decide on who to vote for.

So, during the discussion, Igrabbed the list and pointed out what Obama is saying now, and now he has voted in the past. For Obama, I've had to add another column of things he said three months ago and what he is saying now.

I asked them aboutissues important to me, and was able to show them his voting records,which differs from whathe is saying.

I know, it was kinda like a cat playing with a mouse, but she was rude to me on my own property, I get to have some fun.

possumboy

imported post

Citizen wrote:
possumboy wrote:
SNIP One of the first things the woman said was: "Please take that gun back in the house, it is making me uncomfortable."

Tell us how you really feel about it now.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

possumboy wrote:
Citizen wrote:
possumboy wrote:

Tell us how you really feel about it now.
Just put together the acronym. :)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"The thought of Mr. Obama as our next president makes me uncomfortable. Whose discomfort is the more important? Remember, you approached me."

ProguninTN

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
What I think is missing in all of this is the concept of private property and one's curtilage. And by this I am referring to the idea of present and, more recent, past generations which have abandoned the idea of private property in favor of community and even communual beliefs. I have seen the erosion of private property rights and the respect for same in my lifetime.

People nowadays think nothing of walking onto your property at their whim and will, without asking your permission to "enter" your domain. Years ago, this would have been unheard of. And the idea that someone would come on your real property and demand you remove a piece of your personal property from your person because they felt uncomfortable, would have garnished them a quick trip to the other side of the end of your real property.

The current think is more along the lines of borderless real property where you have no recognized lines of demarcation with which to control people and keep them at bay. This moves your real property line from the edges of your land to the edges of your dwelling. So since these trespassers were still outside of your home, they had no qualms about telling (demanding) that you obey their command to disarm.

I would remind all of you that the famous phrase, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" started out as, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of property". The Founders knew full well that one of the marks of a free man was ownership of property - particularly of the real kind.

+1

nova

imported post

Liko81 wrote:
Obama doesn't want to take my guns, he's just supported and surroundedby people who do.
Obama wants to take our guns as much as the people surrounding him.:banghead:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pity you didn't mistake her for a burglar. :D

But seriously, I have fun debating Obama supporters. The guy doesn't have a clear position on anything. He pretends to be concerned with certain issues, but can't even speak on any of them without resorting to double talk. That, and he's clearly terrified of freedom... one of the few clear positions he does have.