• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to disarm

possumboy

imported post

I received a visit from some people wanting to "share" Obama with me.

I was on my why out with my Kimber 1911. I agreed to talk with them a few minutes and stepped outside to lock the door.

One of the first things the woman said was: "Please take that gun back in the house, it is making me uncomfortable."

It was said in a demanding tone.

I said: "No, I will not disarm, but I will be more than happy to go in and get my Bible." I probably should have said Torah since I do have a Mezuzah on every entrance to my home.

After that I had a short discussion with them, and pointed out his voting record as opposed to what he is saying now. And the fact that after most of his personal appearances, he is on TV a few days later having to explain what he meant.

The only condescending thing I said was when they asked if the could place an Obama '08 sign in my yard.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

It is a feet of amazing arrogance and contempt to ask you to disarm at your own home. Especiially after you are willing to stand there and listen to their mindless babble about savior Obama. And then to ask you to put a sign on your lawn? wow...

:what:

these people must have carried their balls around in a wheel barrow

Next time you should challenge them to prove to you that Obama is really the peace candidate they think he is. I had a discussion with one of them over the weekend and after talking about it, and quoteing straight from the horses mouth his more than friendly attitude towards war, they sort of gave it up and resorted to.... "well, hes better than McCain!"

haha.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
That's a pretty heavy request by someone who may have already been trespassing on your property. Wow. :quirky
They are just being consistent with Obamas beliefs.:celebrate

72Malibu

imported post

I would have told them that their unsolicited presence on my property andtheirdisarm request (as well as the manner in which it was delivered)along with the individual they're supporting made me uncomfortable.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That would peeve me to no end, but it is consistent with their philosophy. From seat belt laws to the "war on drugs" to New York's trans-fat garbage to smoking bans on private property.... the government (on both sides) thinks they are smarter than you, know better than you, and need to control your life as much as possible for your own good.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I can't believe you talked with them in the first place!:banghead:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It is the sense of entitlement of the Obama followers. Among being entitled to a larger portion of your earnings, and a larger portion of your business profits, and a larger penalty for employing fellow Americans, and a larger portion of your investment earnings, and to free health care, and to free food, and to free formula for their babies, they are also entitled to not be uncomfortable for any reason.

possumboy

imported post

tripledipper wrote:
If that man beomes the next POTUS we are doomed, and more than likely will have to use, not just carry. Civil disorder for sure.

I think there is a good chance he will. To many people will not vote for McCaingiving Obama the lead he needs.

I've been thinking long and hard about McCain, not really voting for him, but voting against Obama.

I'm also considering having my name removed from everything I own now and only have it in my wife's name. That way they cannot take my assets when they come after my guns.:shock:

IanB

imported post

possumboy wrote:
I received a visit from some people wanting to "share" Obama with me.
Oneof Obama's minions came to my door Saturday, I was armed as well. *If*he had been able to speak english, we may have had a conversation about Obama, the man at my door was Asian and kept calling the candidate "Obama-san"! He was barely understandable.

vbnative73

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I can't believe you talked with them in the first place!:banghead:

If they hadn't been rude, it would do us well to at least pretend to listen. We don't have to agree or even respond, but listen. If we talk to people who may not agree with our view, why should they listen to us if we won't listen to them? Sure, most are probably lost cause sheep and your chance of changing their mind is probably 5% at best, but if you never talk to the other side at all, your chance of changing their mind is guaranteed to be 0%.

But since they were rude, screw 'em. Get off my porch! I wouldn't have put up with that either.

*edited for spelling

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I would have gladly let them place an Obama sign in my yard. I would then retrieve a can of starting fluid, and a lighter, and show them just what I thought of that sign.
sFi_flamethrower.gif

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I would have gladly let them place an Obama sign in my yard. I would then retrieve a can of starting fluid, and a lighter, and show them just what I thought of that sign.
sFi_flamethrower.gif
Then take the wire and thank them for the target stand.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Gee, I don't understand.

About a month ago I sent him some links to occurences of citizens defending themselves with their handguns.

He must not have had a chance to read them yet.

'Hope' he does and 'Changes' his viewpoint.