• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I swear I've seen this happen in a movie.

Narcisist

imported post

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9763359

W. Valley man foils burglars - in his underwear, with a shotgun

The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated:07/02/2008 09:18:44 AM MDT

Posted: 7:34 AM- WEST VALLEY CITY - Next time, maybe some pants?
Still, West Valley City homeowner Tony Gamonal managed to foil burglars when he took out after them with a shotgun -- and wearing only his boxer shorts.
2News reports today that he surprised the burglars, then armed himself to give chase. A nearby police officer joined him, eventually capturing one of the pair, a woman. The second suspect, a man, remained at large.
Gamonal says it wasn't until the capture that he realized he was outside, in the street, in his underwear.
"I looked down and said, 'Oh man . . . here I am,'" he told 2News.
Gamonal says this is the second time robbers have targeted his home in two weeks.
The last time, the hinges were cut off his gate and up to $10,000 worth of property was stolen. The fence around his home has also been vandalized with spray-paint.
He says he's had it. And he plans to protect his home -- regardless of what he is, or is not, wearing
"If you can't be safe in your own home, where can you be?" Gamonal says. "There was no doubt; I was so mad that I would have shot them."

Narcisist

imported post

His choice of words, as represented by the media. They left out the conversation leading up to that statement, so we hae no context to judge. Someone could've asked him what he would've done if they hadn't ran from his home and stayed to fight, which would make that statement justifiable.

Outsider

imported post

Bad when you give chance outside of your home though unless they are still on your property. If they retreat off your property and the BGs are gone for now you have no reason to give chase. Can probably get you charged.

scorpioajr

imported post

Outsider wrote:
Bad when you give chance outside of your home though unless they are still on your property. If they retreat off your property and the BGs are gone for now you have no reason to give chase. Can probably get you charged.
Thats how i understand the law.