Thread: god not guns

Post imported post

hey guys. i've been trying to find a quote i saw someone write about not owning a gun because you love it but owning it to protect the ones you love. does anyone know what I am talking about. I like reading the god not guns blog. They take a different angle on gun control. It's comical to say the least. I was gonna leave them that quote so that all 10 people who read that blog can see that quote.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

tito887 wrote:
    hey guys. i've been trying to find a quote i saw someone write about not owning a gun because you love it but owning it to protect the ones you love. does anyone know what I am talking about. I like reading the god not guns blog. They take a different angle on gun control. It's comical to say the least. I was gonna leave them that quote so that all 10 people who read that blog can see that quote.
    Well, there is a similar line from Tolkien. It's Faramir's: "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, or the arrow for its swiftness, or the warrior for his glory; I love only that which they defend". Tolkien was a devout Roman Catholic and any scholars of his works and life will tell you he wrote about very real, human issues, even though behind the guise of fantasy novels.

Post imported post

yea that's the one. Wow. I didn't know that's where that quote came from. thanks.