• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

god not guns

tito887

imported post

hey guys. i've been trying to find a quote i saw someone write about not owning a gun because you love it but owning it to protect the ones you love. does anyone know what I am talking about. I like reading the god not guns blog. They take a different angle on gun control. It's comical to say the least. I was gonna leave them that quote so that all 10 people who read that blog can see that quote.

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tito887 wrote:
hey guys. i've been trying to find a quote i saw someone write about not owning a gun because you love it but owning it to protect the ones you love. does anyone know what I am talking about. I like reading the god not guns blog. They take a different angle on gun control. It's comical to say the least. I was gonna leave them that quote so that all 10 people who read that blog can see that quote.
Well, there is a similar line from Tolkien. It's Faramir's: "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, or the arrow for its swiftness, or the warrior for his glory; I love only that which they defend". Tolkien was a devout Roman Catholic and any scholars of his works and life will tell you he wrote about very real, human issues, even though behind the guise of fantasy novels.

tito887

imported post

yea that's the one. Wow. I didn't know that's where that quote came from. thanks.:D