• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello OC.org!

hardtarget

Activist Member
imported post

Hi everyone, I am new here. I just found this site and learned about OC laws in various states. Lots of good content here. I really want to get involved with the OC movement. I am moving back to SoCal in a few months. Knowing that OC is legal there was an amazing revelation for me. I thought I would have to score a couple of tasers while in CA, but not any more Looking forward to participating here often.

Jim a/k/a hardtarget

(Sig P228, Sig 230, SW Ladysmith 38, Rem 870 Mag, Moss 500A, and more)

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Welcome to the forum hardtarget.

xd.40 wrote:
Welcome! Just remember that in California, you need to be in a "rual" area for open carry. Usually with a population of 200,000 or less. See http://www.opencarry.org/ca.html for more details though.
For loaded open carry true ( I believe in order to carry a loaded gun you must be in an area where discharge is legalbut I'm no expert on CA law), but for unloaded open carry (no ammunitionconnected to firearm, but a loaded mag can be visibly exposedin a belt pouch.concealed magazine = concealed weapon) it's technically okay in most places. Of course, the LE recognition of this seems sketchy, and be sure to read the pamphlets the guys in the California section have so kindly made, as well as the relevant laws.