• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is a message to those things that go bump in the night......and the day too!

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

TOP:
It's a Mossberg M590A1 (i waited 2 weeks for it and im very excited!): 20" heavy barrel, metal trigger guard and saftey, 8 round tube, ghost ring sights and accessory lug! :lol:

8+1 2.75" shells or 7+1 3" shells

BOTTOM:
Smith and Wesson Model 3000 (felt left out): 18" barrel, 4 round tube and bead sight.

4+1 2.75" shells

on another note: does anyone know if the action on a 590 smooths out over time?
This is my first new shotgun and would appreciate any advice in addressing this issue from anyone who has experience with the 590.

Attachments

• shotguns.JPG
    shotguns.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 421

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nice Mossy. I got one myself not long ago:

MossbergFulSmall.jpg

This one's a 500, same capacity and general characteristics as yours, but with the tac stock and heat shield (oooh, evil barrel shroud :cool:). It's now my go-to HD weapon.

AbNo

imported post

Here's mine, the Mossy 500 Mariner.

dscn0337zo7.jpg

Needs a few extras, like a sidefolding stock, and maybe a heat shield, but I like it.

It's nice, light weight, and VERY easy to use.

Action's still a little rough, though. Only had a couple-hundred through it.

Also Kodiak, is that Hornady 0-0 I see in your picture? :D

Ric in Richmond

imported post

Hey ABNO I have one of those mariners as well.

Keep thinking about folder as well. No mods at all and it didn't come with the pistol grip.

Fun to shoot....like the energizer...just keeps going and going!!!

It isn't a super smoot action, but it isn't stiff either. Maybe take it down, clean and lube might be inorder? And of course boxes and boxes of shells run through it!!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
Kodiak, you are ghetto....... You could have taken 5 seconds to remove the damn Mossberg sticker!!:what:

dude the stickers adds another 10 horsepower for a total of 10 horsepower! :p
Hilarious that you went there ... :celebrate

And remember, you have to paint the stock yellow to make the action faster. :p

AbNo

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
KodiakISGOOD wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
Kodiak, you are ghetto....... You could have taken 5 seconds to remove the damn Mossberg sticker!!:what:

dude the stickers adds another 10 horsepower for a total of 10 horsepower! :p
Hilarious that you went there ... :celebrate

And remember, you have to paint the stock yellow to make the action faster.  :p

Carbon fiber, man. Carbon fiber all the way.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Here is my Remington 870 with a couple of its little friends. Its got Scattergun Technologies 8rd tube, ghost ring tritium sights, and Surefire forend with Millenium series 220lumen light.

firearms001.jpg