• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tactical XD in a Serpa?

tattedupboy

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Eh, I guess I'll just have to be a little careful with it eh?
It doesn't matter about the end of the barrel. As long as the trigger is covered, (which it is from what I can tell), it does not matter how much of the barrel is exposed.

thx997303

imported post

except that when the muzzle is exposed, it is more prone to damage.

And I'm not worried about cosmetic damage, I'm worried about rifling damage.

Got the Serpa today, and I love the thing. Great retention.

nova

imported post

I have one for my 5" .45acp and it works great. It does stick out like in the picture posted but it doesn't interfere with the draw or anything.

AbNo

imported post

ThunderRanch wrote:
Here's a pic of what it looks like in a SERPA.....excellent choice!!

*sigh* If only that picture looked like this....

001compkf8.jpg

:(

thx997303

imported post

I told you on another thread, they make a left handed one, I saw one in the store just yesterday, almost bought it accidentally.

thx997303

imported post

I don't know though, I wouldn't want ot have an XD that has backwards lettering like that.:D

But wait! maybe it's a rare one worth millions of dollars.:shock:

thx997303

imported post

Just select the Serpa, and then select the model of gun, and select which hand you want, and there you go!

mercutio545

imported post

Are those SERPA paddles legit? I like my fobus one that I use with the Ruger, because it has the non-slip rubbery surface and the two notches that make it stick to the belt. My XD is on the way, and I was looking into getting one of the SERPA holsters for it.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
Are those SERPA paddles legit? I like my fobus one that I use with the Ruger, because it has the non-slip rubbery surface and the two notches that make it stick to the belt. My XD is on the way, and I was looking into getting one of the SERPA holsters for it.
That paddle's more than legit. Friggin thing almost won't come off without taking off your pants. It clips onto the belt from the front and has an inside hook that grabs your pants.