Thread: Open Carry - Salem / Roanoke

Post imported post

Open carried today, WalMart in Salem, Kroger at lakeside, then on to Home Depot and Lowes.

No incidents, some polite stairs, some smiles and 1 wave... lol... I'll be open carrying from here through the weekend! My boss gave me permission to open carry at work in celebration of the 4th! I'm excited...

Post imported post

Did the Salem Wal-Mart today. I'm in there every couple weeks. Also done Lakeside Kroger and other places nearby. The only problem I ever had was at Berglund in Roanoke - asked to leave about three minutes after arrival even though it was a second visit to see a vehicle the wife liked :quirky. First OC conversation I ever had was with the owner at Montano's grill - he was getting his permit the following week!

Welcome to the forum,

C.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

CPerdue wrote:
    The only problem I ever had was at Berglund in Roanoke - asked to leave about three minutes after arrival even though it was a second visit to see a vehicle the wife liked :quirky.
    That is honestly the most shocking OC encounter I have ever read. A car dealer turned away a customer in our current economy. I'm speechless.

Post imported post

I open carry all over the Roanoke/Salem area and have had zero issues.

Post imported post

I carry at the Food Lion on Williamson Road about three times a week. Nobody's ever said a word to me.

Post imported post

Today I open carried at the public library, then had dinner with the family at Cici's Pizza at Towne Square. No issues.
    Last edited by Tosta Dojen; 04-22-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Post imported post

Saw someone at Sportsmans Warehouse today. I left mine in the car since I was meeting someone there to trade some ammo for a press. Going in and out of the store with ammo that wasn't bought there...

Anyone interested in an OC dinner? I and one other person on here are trying to plan something...If interested just PM me.

Post imported post

CPerdue,

Are you talking about Montaino's International Gourmet? I used to work there, and still have family and friends there. You didn't meet Phil or Marty did you?

Post imported post

I'm planning an OC get together for the 5th or 6th of Jan. The restaurant has not been determined yet. Any ideas for a carry friendly restaurantthat'sreasonably priced around the Roanoke area?

So far there are only two other members that have contacted me about going. I will start a thread in the Virginia forums so we can get a tally of how many people are planning on showing up. I will also post on another forum to try and get the number of pax up.

You can direct any questions to me. Just send me a PM.

ainfantry7

Post imported post

Public Library? We can OC at the library?

Post imported post

Sure, you can open carry in a library. They might not like it but that's too bad. I routinely get sneered at by the librarians when I open carry but so far that's the only thing. No MWAG 911 calls or any other hassles.

Carry in a library is LEGAL and VA code 15.2-915 prohibits localities from adopting or enforcing any ordinance, regulation, or motion concerning the possession or carrying of a gun.

enjoy.