• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Salem / Roanoke

mp3mogul

imported post

Open carried today, WalMart in Salem, Kroger at lakeside, then on to Home Depot and Lowes.

No incidents, some polite stairs, some smiles and 1 wave... lol... I'll be open carrying from here through the weekend! My boss gave me permission to open carry at work in celebration of the 4th! I'm excited...

CPerdue

imported post

Did the Salem Wal-Mart today. I'm in there every couple weeks. Also done Lakeside Kroger and other places nearby. The only problem I ever had was at Berglund in Roanoke - asked to leave about three minutes after arrival even though it was a second visit to see a vehicle the wife liked :quirky. First OC conversation I ever had was with the owner at Montano's grill - he was getting his permit the following week!

Welcome to the forum,

C.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CPerdue wrote:
The only problem I ever had was at Berglund in Roanoke - asked to leave about three minutes after arrival even though it was a second visit to see a vehicle the wife liked :quirky.
That is honestly the most shocking OC encounter I have ever read. A car dealer turned away a customer in our current economy. I'm speechless.

ainfantry7

imported post

Saw someone at Sportsmans Warehouse today. I left mine in the car since I was meeting someone there to trade some ammo for a press. Going in and out of the store with ammo that wasn't bought there...

Anyone interested in an OC dinner? I and one other person on here are trying to plan something...If interested just PM me.

ainfantry7

imported post

CPerdue,

Are you talking about Montaino's International Gourmet? I used to work there, and still have family and friends there. You didn't meet Phil or Marty did you?

ainfantry7

imported post

I'm planning an OC get together for the 5th or 6th of Jan. The restaurant has not been determined yet. Any ideas for a carry friendly restaurantthat'sreasonably priced around the Roanoke area?

So far there are only two other members that have contacted me about going. I will start a thread in the Virginia forums so we can get a tally of how many people are planning on showing up. I will also post on another forum to try and get the number of pax up.

You can direct any questions to me. Just send me a PM.

ainfantry7

6L6GC

imported post

Sure, you can open carry in a library. They might not like it but that's too bad. I routinely get sneered at by the librarians when I open carry but so far that's the only thing. No MWAG 911 calls or any other hassles.

Carry in a library is LEGAL and VA code 15.2-915 prohibits localities from adopting or enforcing any ordinance, regulation, or motion concerning the possession or carrying of a gun.

enjoy.