Thread: Mass. Police Chief says, "tell your family members not to carry"

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBzkB...eature=related

Police Cheif in Massachusetts says "guns are too easily accessible" and "don't let your family members carry a gun" after a series of random shootings.

Post imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:

Police Cheif in Massachusetts says "guns are too easily accessible" and "don't let your family members carry a gun" after a series of random shootings.
    Yeah I will be sure to tell my son that when he gets a little older.

Right now he remembers how me having and drawing my gun scared off the pedophile who was trying to grab him, so I will have to wait for him to forget.

Of course, every time he sees a red jeep he remembers the incident so it may take a long time for him to forget the role the gun (and the grace of God) played in saving him.

I do apologize to this police chief that I decided to defend my son so that he didn't end up DEAD IN A DITCH after being sexually abused. I'm just one of those bitter gun clingers who don't accept people who are different, like child molesters.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    Weak 9mm wrote:

Yeah I will be sure to tell my son that when he gets a little older.

Right now he remembers how me having and drawing my gun scared off the pedophile who was trying to grab him, so I will have to wait for him to forget.

Of course, every time he sees a red jeep he remembers the incident so it may take a long time for him to forget the role the gun (and the grace of God) played in saving him.

I do apologize to this police chief that I decided to defend my son so that he didn't end up DEAD IN A DITCH after being sexually abused. I'm just one of those bitter gun clingers who don't accept people who are different, like child molesters.

Maybe write an open letter to the Police Chief as a Letter to the Editor?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Send the Chief a copy of Scalia's opinion . . .

Of course that sort of tactic only works on people who can read and comprehend.

Post imported post

Alright, I'll tell my family members to carry two guns. Hell, only carrying one is irresponsible anyway.

Citizen, good point, and it would make a good LTE. A way, perhaps, to appeal to the emotional compasses that nanny-statists use to push gun control.

Post imported post

That Police chief's a total dumbass! He states "protect your family" then adds "dont let them carry guns". Now how are honestpeople supposed to protect themselves from armed crooks if the honest folks are unarmed Chief?

Whatta moron!
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    I might.. it is actually something I am somehwat ashamed of, I feel it was a failure on my part to let my guard down, that I didn't notice as I was comforting the crying baby that my son had wandered off the front porch and towards the road.

It was a true miracle I even noticed the jeep slowing down so that by the time it started backing up I was out the door, baby in my left arm - which would have made it pretty hard for me to do anything but watch in horror without a gun.

I thank God the He gave me a second chance after my lapse of vigilance, it was truly my failure that put my child in danger. That is why I generally don't talk about it, but sometimes I just get MAD when I hear these anti gunners talk.

Between that incident and the coyote incident in my backyard a couple of months later, I understand a lot more about stress in a crisis situation, and the ability to launch an effective response to the threat when the adrenaline is pumping. I also know now that I will respond in the right way and that my weapon will be an asset, not a liability.

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    I might.. it is actually something I am somehwat ashamed of, I feel it was a failure on my part to let my guard down, that I didn't notice as I was comforting the crying baby that my son had wandered off the front porch and towards the road.

It was a true miracle I even noticed the jeep slowing down so that by the time it started backing up I was out the door, baby in my left arm - which would have made it pretty hard for me to do anything but watch in horror without a gun.

I thank God the He gave me a second chance after my lapse of vigilance, it was truly my failure that put my child in danger. That is why I generally don't talk about it, but sometimes I just get MAD when I hear these anti gunners talk.

Between that incident and the coyote incident in my backyard a couple of months later, I understand a lot more about stress in a crisis situation, and the ability to launch an effective response to the threat when the adrenaline is pumping. I also know now that I will respond in the right way and that my weapon will be an asset, not a liability.

NO, it's NOT your fault.

It's not like you were dead drunk and let your kid drown in the bathtub, or were tripping on acid and put him in the oven.

An EVIL person took advantage of NORMAL goings on in a person's life. He almost got shot for it, which is the sort of GOOD thing that the ignoramus police chief would rather NOT happen.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Brockton, the town in which the story is based, is where the lady featured in the most recent episode of 30 days, is from.

Anyway, any time a life is lost in such a manner, it is tragic, but that is no reason for law abiding citizens to allow themselves to be shamed into putting down their guns. If anything, it is a reason for more, not fewer, people to take up arms.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

This is a good reason why Virginians don't want to live in Massechusetts.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    That, and its hard to spell.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
    Brockton, the town in which the story is based, is where the lady featured in the most recent episode of 30 days, is from.

Anyway, any time a life is lost in such a manner, it is tragic, but that is no reason for law abiding citizens to allow themselves to be shamed into putting down their guns. If anything, it is a reason for more, not fewer, people to take up arms.
    Yes, indeed. Additionally, residents in MA must apply to the Chief in their municipality for LTC's, and issuances is at the Chief's discretion. With incorporation, perhaps a challenge under Heller is in order ?

Post imported post

I wonder when this police chief will share this sentiment with the brotherhood of policemen that protect each other like family.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    I wonder when this police chief will share this sentiment with the brotherhood of policemen that protect each other like family.
    well, of course not. Guns should only be in the hands of the military and law enforcement... just ask king George III...

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    That, and its hard to spell.
    Yep.. I screw it up every time.. along with Conneticutt (spelling?).

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Yup in Maasa chew its they are NOT gun friendly and only ones there besides cops can carry are the robbers, rapists, or otherwise evildoers [and maybe a Kennedy or 2]

Post imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:

Yeah, make sure you're unarmed when the bad guys start shooting. That makes sense.

Nah, ever since my old man saved my life from a home invasion when I was a kid; I've been pretty solid for gun rights. This asshat police chief isn't going to change that with such a pathetic plea.