Thread: Any Flint-area open carry meets coming up?

Post imported post

I'd love to come to one to meet more gun enthusiasts. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to shoot with that has their own guns, lol, everyone wants to shoot mine and worse-yet, for free. Anyways, I'd love to get to know more local people to shoot with. If there's not one coming up, lets get one going.

-Cory

Post imported post

I just found another post about the Burton meet, looks like I missed out. Hope there is another one soon. Better luck next time!

Post imported post

Any chance you can get to GR for the 12th?

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    Any chance you can get to GR for the 12th?
    I was seriously thinking about it. I'm helping a friend move on the 10th- if that doesnt bleed over into the weekend I just might do that. I could ride my motorcycle out there and make a nice trip out of it. I'll post in the GR Meet thread next week when I know for sure.

Post imported post

Getwild2 wrote:
    I'd love to come to one to meet more gun enthusiasts. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to shoot with that has their own guns, lol, everyone wants to shoot mine and worse-yet, for free. Anyways, I'd love to get to know more local people to shoot with. If there's not one coming up, lets get one going.

-Cory
    Welcome to OCDO

If you can not make it to the Grand Rapids picnic....

It will be held on September 12th and 13th. See thread.

Link for map:

EastFlintLionsClub

4352 Crosby Rd
    Flint, MI 48506
    (810) 736-1164

ETA: Invite to charity event http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12077.html

Post imported post

This sound like a nice week end I'll try to be there. One question is this also an open carry event?

Gordon
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    This sound like a nice week end I'll try to be there. One question is this also an open carry event?

Gordon
    Most definitely. We will have a booth set up with information to hand out and to answer peoples questions on the subject. We also need donations to "pay" for our booth spot. Warchild has offered $50.00 so far and we will ask for some monetary help from those members that attend. Whatever you want to donate. The money raised will go to the charity.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

see you guy's and gals' sept. 12 & 13 my donation may be rather small seeing how work has died off and we are purchasing a new home

but i will donate... hope a 20 is good enough

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

steve wrote:
    see you guy's and gals' sept. 12 & 13 my donation may be rather small seeing how work has died off and we are purchasing a new home

A $20 is more than enough. If we got just $5.00 an OCer, that would be great.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    steve wrote:

A $20 is more than enough. If we got just $5.00 an OCer, that would be great.

I'm working on getting 10 or 12 people I know-they are not members here, yet-to attend that event. I would have to agree that 5, 10 or even $20 per OCer would be more than enough.

Also, if each member here were to introduced 2 or 3 friends, family members, co-worker's, etc. to OCDO, it would put us (Michigan) at/near the top for membership in a very short period of time. It would also be beneficial forthe OC get togethers,meaning, more OC events can be planed throughout lower Michigan. See Venators quadrant theory.

Seethis thread for quadrants:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12192-2.html

Post imported post

i would go shooting with you you name the place

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    i would go shooting with you you name the place
    I can't speak for the others here, but,mytime available for the range isrestricted for days in the week thatend in "y".

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    I can't speak for the others here, but,mytime available for the range isrestricted for days in the week thatend in "y".
    yea i have the same problem too! if you ever want to get something going let me know

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    yea i have the same problem too! if you ever want to get something going let me know
    Will do. And,will you be ableto go to GR saturday?

Post imported post

no darn it maybe sunday have a open house saturday but i might be having a bonfire saturday if you wanna come