• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Flint-area open carry meets coming up?

Getwild2

imported post

I'd love to come to one to meet more gun enthusiasts. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to shoot with that has their own guns, lol, everyone wants to shoot mine and worse-yet, for free. Anyways, I'd love to get to know more local people to shoot with. If there's not one coming up, lets get one going.

-Cory :cool:

Getwild2

imported post

I just found another post about the Burton meet, looks like I missed out. Hope there is another one soon. Better luck next time!

Getwild2

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
Any chance you can get to GR for the 12th?
I was seriously thinking about it. I'm helping a friend move on the 10th- if that doesnt bleed over into the weekend I just might do that. I could ride my motorcycle out there and make a nice trip out of it. I'll post in the GR Meet thread next week when I know for sure. :D

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Getwild2 wrote:
I'd love to come to one to meet more gun enthusiasts. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to shoot with that has their own guns, lol, everyone wants to shoot mine and worse-yet, for free. Anyways, I'd love to get to know more local people to shoot with. If there's not one coming up, lets get one going.

-Cory :cool:

Welcome to OCDO

If you can not make it to the Grand Rapids picnic....

It will be held on September 12th and 13th. See thread.

Link for map:

EastFlintLionsClub

4352 Crosby Rd
Flint, MI 48506
(810) 736-1164

ETA: Invite to charity event http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12077.html

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

LaVere wrote:
This sound like a nice week end I'll try to be there. One question is this also an open carry event?

Gordon
Most definitely. We will have a booth set up with information to hand out and to answer peoples questions on the subject. We also need donations to "pay" for our booth spot. Warchild has offered $50.00 so far and we will ask for some monetary help from those members that attend. Whatever you want to donate. The money raised will go to the charity.

steve

imported post

see you guy's and gals' sept. 12 & 13 my donation may be rather small seeing how work has died off and we are purchasing a new home

but i will donate... hope a 20 is good enough

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

steve wrote:
see you guy's and gals' sept. 12 & 13 my donation may be rather small seeing how work has died off and we are purchasing a new home

A $20 is more than enough. If we got just $5.00 an OCer, that would be great.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
steve wrote:

A $20 is more than enough. If we got just $5.00 an OCer, that would be great.

I'm working on getting 10 or 12 people I know-they are not members here, yet-to attend that event. I would have to agree that 5, 10 or even $20 per OCer would be more than enough.

Also, if each member here were to introduced 2 or 3 friends, family members, co-worker's, etc. to OCDO, it would put us (Michigan) at/near the top for membership in a very short period of time. It would also be beneficial forthe OC get togethers,meaning, more OC events can be planed throughout lower Michigan. See Venators quadrant theory.

Seethis thread for quadrants:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12192-2.html

ruger45

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

I can't speak for the others here, but,mytime available for the range isrestricted for days in the week thatend in "y". :)
yea i have the same problem too! if you ever want to get something going let me know:D

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

I can't speak for the others here, but,mytime available for the range isrestricted for days in the week thatend in "y". :)
yea i have the same problem too! if you ever want to get something going let me know:D
Will do. And,will you be ableto go to GR saturday?