• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bun's n Guns

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUKL0135029620080701?rpc=92
BEIRUT (Reuters) - At "Buns and Guns" you can order a "Kalashnikov" sandwich from a bullet-shaped menu, prepared by chefs in military fatigues with the roar of explosions as background music.

This new fast food restaurant in Beirut's southern suburbs, where the Hezbollah movement holds sway, was the brainchild of co-owner Ali Hammoud. He said the war theme was a novel concept that had nothing to do with Lebanon's bloody recent history.

"It's just an idea I had, nothing more, nothing less. I could have put toys in place of the sandbags and teddy bears instead of guns. But it was just an idea," Hammoud told Reuters.

"You could say that the situation in the country made people pay attention," added Hammoud, sitting outside his restaurant, which has become popular with teenagers.

Guns, bullets and pictures of other weapons decorate the interior. The slogan "A sandwich can kill you", with a picture of a gun superimposed on a burger, is displayed outside.

Completing the war motif, sandbags surround the outdoor seating area. The menu features sandwiches and burgers with names such as "Terrorist meal" and "RPG", as well as "Kalashnikov".

"First time I came here, I thought it was a weapons shop. When I looked at the names of the dishes, I still thought so. I only realized it was a restaurant when I went inside," said 15-year-old Hussein al-Hajj Ali.

Harper1227

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Nothing more to say...

OK, before the onslaught of naughty boy replies such as "there's a gun in that picture" harharhar. let me point out that she's got her finger on the trigger!!!! that's a no no.

ok, now i will move aside so you boys can properly ogle.

Do have to say I wouldn't mind a similar piece (;)pun intended) but maybe in purple - not pink.

proceed... :celebrate

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Nothing more to say...

OK, before the onslaught of naughty boy replies such as "there's a gun in that picture" harharhar. let me point out that she's got her finger on the trigger!!!! that's a no no.

ok, now i will move aside so you boys can properly ogle.

Do have to say I wouldn't mind a similar piece (;)pun intended) but maybe in purple - not pink.

proceed... :celebrate
So I guess I shouldn't follow that with a comment about liking to have her pull my trigger?

Harper1227

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Nothing more to say...
So I guess I shouldn't follow that with a comment about liking to have her pull my trigger?
I would expect nothing less :pBut be careful, the back view is nice but you don't know what the other side may hold. might be a complete butterface.

unreconstructed1

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Hmm anyone willing to pool assets to open a franchise here? :lol:

Patriot burger would be a good name...

waitress:can I take your order?

customer: yeah, I'd like a George Washington burger, hold the benedict arnold...

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

customer: yeah, I'd like a George Washington burger, hold the benedict arnold...
Should be the first business that encourages it's employees to OC that isn't a gun store.

imperialism2024

imported post

asforme wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Should be the first business that encourages it's employees to OC that isn't a gun store.
Have rifles racks next to the coat racks...

unreconstructed1

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
asforme wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Have rifles racks next to the coat racks...
and a rifle range adjacent so you could target practice while you wait...

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
I love shooting, and I love eating, but something about the lead and gunpowder smell of a range just kills my appetite. Maybe I'm just not into cancer.

unreconstructed1

imported post

asforme wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:
I love shooting, and I love eating, but something about the lead and gunpowder smell of a range just kills my appetite. Maybe I'm just not into cancer.
you don't wash your hands before eating?:shock:

nh92d

imported post

i love how in the video,the female reporter mentions "it's all served to the soothing sounds of gun fire"..

:cool:

something like this would be cool to have here in the states..but we all know that the antis would start whinning..

AbNo

imported post

nh92d wrote:
i love how in the video,the female reporter mentions "it's all served to the soothing sounds of gun fire"..

:cool:

something like this would be cool to have here in the states..but we all know that the antis would start whinning..

Sounds cooler the more you describe it. :celebrate

thx997303

imported post

I would definitely eat at such a restaurant. Especially if they had a range attached.

Yeah, I'd like a double cheeseburger, a large fry, and 200 rounds of 9mm please.