• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Check out this ol' soldier

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

I was looking for an inexpensive revolver for classroom demos.

Just picked up this 1910 Colt Police Positive Special 32-20. She's pretty beat up and will need some repair, but it will serve the purpose.

I'd be afraid to shoot this, but it could have been a fun OC gun once in a while!

colthj4.jpg

Attachments

• colt.jpg
    colt.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 412

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Boy, an ol' soldier can't even enjoy a peaceful retirement without being dragged out to some classroom anymore. :)

And classroom demonstrationswith a firearm without a transfer bar at that! :)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hopefully you can make it serviceable again. I enjoy my S&W 1909 3rd Change still shooting it on occasions although I don't carry it as a defensive side arm anymore.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Hopefully you can make it serviceable again. I enjoy my S&W 1909 3rd Change still shooting it on occasions although I don't carry it as a defensive side arm anymore.

I'd love to shoot it once, but if they can just make it function I'll be happy.

Now to find a repair person. I had a name of someone but cant find it now.

67GT390FB

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
skidmark wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
I'd be afraid to shoot this

colthj4.jpg
Why?
because it is in such a state of disrepair, and is nearly 100 years old
fix it then shoot it. as long as its timed well and reasonably tight shoot the crap out of it. its a colt 100 years means nothing. once repairedi'd trust that old warhorse over some made last week taurus or rossi smith clone anyday.

vbnative73

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
because it is in such a state of disrepair, and is nearly 100 years old
I still hunt with my great-grandfather's 30-30 and it's over 100 years old. On my dad's advice(orders), I don't target shoot with it anymore due to its age, but I'm still using it. No luck so far, but I'm not putting it up for good until I get a deer with it. Every generation has so far.