Thread: Suggestions on holsters

Post imported post

I have an UltraStar 40 (.40 cal) handgun and was thinking about getting a holster for it. What do you recommend, belt or shoulder? Are there any types I should stay away from? Any store recommendations, I was thinking Bass Pro in Hampton. thanks!

Post imported post

There are several makes out there, probably mostly good. I'm most familiar with Ted Blocker Holsters in Tigard OR. They claim to be the heavily favored vendor to the LosAngeles PD for holsters, belts and accessories for LEO's. I have visited their factory and it's quite an operation. Go to www.tedblockerholsters.com to research their products.

Post imported post

I have a Taurus PT99.... any idea where I can get a SERPA or SERPA-Like retention holster that will fit my weapon. Thank you in advance for the assist.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LdoMaj_Ammo wrote:
    I have a Taurus PT99.... any idea where I can get a SERPA or SERPA-Like retention holster that will fit my weapon. Thank you in advance for the assist.
    The Beretta 92 Serpa may fit.

There are other retention holsters for the Taurus depending on what level you need. Here's a Galco with a thumbbreak: http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-co...-holsters.html

Post imported post

bobernet wrote:
    LdoMaj_Ammo wrote:
    The Beretta 92 Serpa may fit.

There are other retention holsters for the Taurus depending on what level you need. Here's a Galco with a thumbbreak: http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-co...-holsters.html

That's right, it's essentially the same frame. I appreciate your rapid response.... r/ Fred