• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suggestions on holsters

rkellerjr

imported post

I have an UltraStar 40 (.40 cal) handgun and was thinking about getting a holster for it. What do you recommend, belt or shoulder? Are there any types I should stay away from? Any store recommendations, I was thinking Bass Pro in Hampton. thanks!

Richard6218

imported post

There are several makes out there, probably mostly good. I'm most familiar with Ted Blocker Holsters in Tigard OR. They claim to be the heavily favored vendor to the LosAngeles PD for holsters, belts and accessories for LEO's. I have visited their factory and it's quite an operation. Go to www.tedblockerholsters.com to research their products.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LdoMaj_Ammo wrote:
I have a Taurus PT99.... any idea where I can get a SERPA or SERPA-Like retention holster that will fit my weapon. Thank you in advance for the assist.

The Beretta 92 Serpa may fit.

There are other retention holsters for the Taurus depending on what level you need. Here's a Galco with a thumbbreak: http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-cop-3-slot-holsters.html

LdoMaj_Ammo

imported post

bobernet wrote:
LdoMaj_Ammo wrote:
I have a Taurus PT99.... any idea where I can get a SERPA or SERPA-Like retention holster that will fit my weapon. Thank you in advance for the assist.

The Beretta 92 Serpa may fit.

There are other retention holsters for the Taurus depending on what level you need. Here's a Galco with a thumbbreak: http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-cop-3-slot-holsters.html
That's right, it's essentially the same frame. I appreciate your rapid response.... r/ Fred