• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Kind of gun do you carry?

Bear 45/70

imported post

I first carried a Charter Arms Undercover 38 Special way back in the dark ages of the 60s. Since then I've carrieda lot of different guns froma H&R 649 22 Mag., a Makarov, several 1911s, 5" Colt, 4"Springfield Armory Champion, and 3 1/2"both a Detonics and a Stainless Officers Model, a S&W 64, 3"in 38 Spl., a S&W 586 4", an H&K 45 USP Compact, a Taurus M415 with 2 1/2" ported barrel in 41 mag., and now I carry a Charter Arms Bulldog "PUG" in 44 Special. The wife just recently upgradedfrom and Charter Arms Undercover to the Bulldog because she liked mine so much.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
The wife carries the big guns, and she gives me the small one. The SKS is just incase things get really bad
So we now know who wears the pants in your house. Pretty much like it is at my house.
RoflLg.gif

Bear 45/70

imported post

When in Oregon I carry these three, depending on what I'm doing and where.

Charter Arms Bulldog "PUG" in 44 Special.

14420.gif

Taurus 415 in 41 Magnum.

PC200038.jpg

Ruger Redhawk with Firesights in 41 Magnum.

P1010148.jpg

JBURGII

imported post

I was curious if anyone carried "cowboy" like my Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine

in a western style belt/holster... is that drawing too much attention to oc??

Bear 45/70

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
I was curious if anyone carried "cowboy" like my Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine

in a western style belt/holster... is that drawing too much attention to oc??
I know a guy in Washington who carries a Security Six in 357. Cowboy is just fine. But I would stay away from 30 Carbine, the phrase "not enough gun comes to mind. 45LC would be a better choice. 44 Mag has a tendency to over penetrate, putting by standers in danger.

JBURGII

imported post

I do plan on upgrading to a larger caliber in the near future. The .30 was

in great shape when I picked it up for $50 on private sale. I tell you what

though, it might not have the knock down but it sure as heck will scare

someone with that quite loud report! I keep my earplugs handy.

Bear 45/70

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
I do plan on upgrading to a larger caliber in the near future. The .30 was

in great shape when I picked it up for $50 on private sale. I tell you what

though, it might not have the knock down but it sure as heck will scare

someone with that quite loud report! I keep my earplugs handy.
Like a lot of dogs, loud but not much on stopping anybody that real wants in. The 30 Carbine out of an 18" carbine barrel is marginal. Fun to shot yes and the price you paid was great, but...............

JBURGII

imported post

It is just going to be part of my collection, but for actual oc I will up the ante.

I do like the Ruger Blackhawk, maybe I have seen to many westerns..

Keane

imported post

Mikitsubizunizu wrote:
Rock Island Armory M1911A1 GI .45 acp

If I ever go find a decent Tactical thigh holster for under $60

I've only carried once, and it was the same weapon as this one. It didn't turn out so well, lol. I found a great holster for it, so when it is repaired, I'll most likely be carrying that.

If I ever find a solid holster for my CZ 75-B, I'll switch to carrying that.

Bear 45/70

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
It is just going to be part of my collection, but for actual oc I will up the ante.

I do like the Ruger Blackhawk, maybe I have seen to many westerns..

I'm don't like the looks of the Blackhawk, the sights detract from the gun. Either a Vaquero or a

P1010148.jpg

Orygunner

imported post

Well, I just switched. I sold my Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro and now I have a Kel-Tec P-3AT pocket gun in .380 ACP. I needed something I could conceal more completely than the Millennium Pro. Now I need an OC gun... :(

...Just wouldn't feel manly Open Carrying the Kel-Tec in a belt holster :lol:...
...Orygunner...

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Orygunner wrote:
I needed something I could conceal more completely than the Millennium Pro.
The PT111 is a pretty small gun, what type of CC holster were you using that wasn't working for you?

Orygunner

imported post

Well, it's actually kinda complicated.

The PT111 Pro in a high-riding OWB was plenty compact for me when I wanted to conceal, but just being "pretty much" concealed isn't enough anymore.

My wife is a resident manager. We and our kids live here in an apartment because of the good will of the business owner.Because we have no rental contract and are not paying any rent to live here, if my wife is terminated for any reason, we have to move IMMEDIATELY. The owner is legally under no obligation to provide any notice at all.

The owner found out I've been carrying a gun everywhere and flipped. Set the ultimatum that either I stop carrying everywhere or my wife loses her job and we lose our place to live.

So, I've got this nice little pocket Kel-Tec .380now... Oh, crap... I hope she doesn't stumble across this website. I DO NOT WEAR IT ANYWHERE. :quirky

...Except Camping, Hiking, and Bike Riding...yeah, that's the ticket...
...Orygunner...

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wow. So I guess it's deep concealment for you. I still think a good holster can solve your problems unless she's patting you down. I have the Kangaroo CC Shoulder Holster and find that even a full framed gun disappears in that thing. Also for a mid to small sized gun like the pt111 I hear the Smartcarry, AKA Thunderwear works well and is nigh on undetectable.

44 carbine

imported post

:monkeyYou guys have quite the selection of hand-bangers.

Personally it`s a m-642 smith air weight in a pocket holster. My 3" smith 629 is a load for ccw and my m-19 2 1/2" is nice but still a bit bulky. Am I crazy or what?

I`ve got a sweet astra a-100 in .45 acp that needs a good home, when it goes a XD-M .45 4" will be my always carry piece.

Speaking of cowboy carry, I have a good bud who carries in that fashion. He cross draw carries either a new model .44 mag 4 5/8 or a model 19 glock.

New to this site and I think I love it.:D