• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Kind of gun do you carry?

Glockguy

imported post

I was just curious on wat other people chose to carry? I Carry A Glock 27 .40 cal and I love that gun.. Its small enough to conceal.. and not to bulky if i want to OC with it.. Its a great gun.. and it shoots great... Im currently looking for another gun To carry... Im debating another glock, Id love to get a Kimber Ultra carry II or a Para Ordnance Warthog. Also I bought a Black hawk Hip holster.. Best 55 bucks iv spent

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

the kimber and para you speak of are the two i really want. i think i like the para more with the laser sight grips.

right now i carry OC and CC a full sized 1911A1

Orygunner

imported post

Currently Carrying a Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro in 9mm.

In 1999, I searched around and decided on the affordable (about $325) Taurus PT111 Millennium 9mm sub-compact. I joked it was my Y2K Gun ;). I planned on getting my CHL and carry it concealed, but just never seemed to get around to it, and only carried it during hunting season.

The original Millennium had a 12+ lb. DOA (Double Action Only) Trigger Pull! I figured it was OK for close range defense, but if you tried to ease a shot off with careful aim, the gun would start to shake from the effort of slow-squeezing the trigger! The size of the handgrip was a little small for me, my pinkie fell off the bottom of the grip with nowhere to go. (they had add-on pinky rests, but mine didn't have one). I still perferred it to the Sub-compact Glock because of it's external manual safety, affordable price, and Taurus Lifetime Warranty.

Iended up selling that gun a few years ago due to needing $$ (back injury, 3 weeks off work with no pay), and happily got almost exactly what I had paid for it.

Recently I started discussing getting CHLs with the wife, and decided to get another handgun. I researched again, and found the new Taurus Millennium PRO, that seemed to have fixed everything I didn't like about the original. I bought a used one in like-new condition with a stainless steel slide at one of the recent Gun Shows at the Lane Co. fairgrounds from a dealer for only $275!

I really like the improvements to the 9mm PT111 Millennium Pro. It shoots MUCH nicer than the original. Itnow has a Single Action/Double Action trigger, andthe SA trigger pull is only about 5-6 lbs. It came with two post-ban 12 rd. double stack magazines, which now have the "pinky rest" as a standard feature. It also has the "Taurus Security System," which locks the trigger and slide with a special hex key. I was keeping itstored locked with the keyuntil one night we heard weird noises in the backyard and I tried to unlock it in the dark. It now stays unlocked :).

This is my open-carry gun, too(the only pistol we own at the moment). My wife doesn't like it, she says it's too small.She wants the full-size Taurus PT 24/7 Pro to carry in her purse when she gets her CHL, so we'll be looking for one of those, next.

...Orygunner...

rds801

imported post

I carry my Hi-Point C9. At the moment I'm window shopping for something else to CC. But not in a real rush being that my C9 hasn't given me any problems after 1,000+ rounds through it.

SetivaSicWood

imported post

Kimber Pro carry II .45 w/ Crimson trace lazer grips. I OC @ CC both with a Bianchi retention holster

Attachments

• large_procarry2.jpg
    large_procarry2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,149

FREEDOM_FOREVER

imported post

90% of the time I carry a J-Frame S&W 360 Sc. I love the .357 calibre and it weighs in at only 12 oz.

Attachments

• model360[1].jpg
    model360[1].jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,140

No NAU

imported post

I carry an XD40 Service in a Serpa, Don Hume JIT or synthetic Uncle MIke's IWB. I OC and CC with all of those holsters.

For deep concealment and BUG I carry a Kel-Tec P32 second gen. in a synthetic Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I carry a Glock 21SF in a Blackhawk Serpa until I get my CHP, then I will ocassionally CC in a Comp-tac Minotaur Spartan.

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I haven't bought a gun yet...If I can sell my beige 1993 4 door 4X4 Jeep Cherokee Country 129k miles (Country: power windows, power locks, keyless entry, cruise control) The AC doesn't work, and some of the belts are getting a little old and will need to be replaced soon, but it runs good. The tires are in great condition. Has an alpine CD Player and sony amp with 2 sony 12" subs 1000watt boxed. (is this an ad???:banghead:)

I plan to buy and carry an XD-M with the money. :celebrate

neddis

imported post

I haven't OC'd yet - my holster just showed up in the mail. But I'm out of town. When I get home I will be carrying a full size XD-9. I'm looking forward to it.

coyote 30

imported post

Glock 30 in .45 ACP. Occasionally a Glock 26 for deep concealment or a Glock 19, but about 95% of the time it is the tried and true .45 ACP and for me the Glock 30 is the perfect .45 carry gun, both concealed and open carry.

Gunslinger

imported post

SIG GSR C3, or Bersa Firestorm Mini-9 most times--or Taurus M-85 in the cold weather when I put it in my coat pocket, for CC. Open, SIG GSR rail or Hi-Power. Always with either +P or +P+ Federal HST rounds--except Speer Gold Dot short barrel +Ps for the snubbie.

ccw9mm

imported post

CZ P-01 9mm, in a Fist #17A IWB holster.

Had a KelTec P3AT as BUG, but it broke. Am currently breaking-in a NAA Guardian .380, for pocket carry. Am anticipating the new Kahr P380 that's coming out soon, though I'll not be the first guinea pig to test.

Thanatos

imported post

I have carried this ParaOrdnance P14/45 for more than a decade, since it was built.

It is carried 24/7/366, whether open or concealed.

Attachments

• 100_0172.JPG
    100_0172.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 100_0172.JPG
    100_0172.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,036