• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the forum

xenophon

imported post

Hello there. I just came across this forum and found I like what I'm seeing here. I had lost alot of the "fight for 2A rights" when licensed CCW failed a few times in WI. That Sherman is definitely a backstabber, and to lose an override veto by such a small margin has angered me for years.

Anyways, the recent Heller decision has reignited my flame and fight in me. I know this is an open carry oriented forum, and I'm of the mindset that ANY progress in the 2nd Ammendment arena is positive (whether it's for concealed carry, open carry, or even legalizing carrying between the hours of 1pm and 4pm *wink*.

I've done a lot of reading in various forums, and it seems there is not only conflict with the antis, but alsobetween gun owners alike. While I believe there should be no compromise on Constitutional rights, I think we all have to work together to accomplish our goals. Even if we don't always agree on methods of carry or licensing, or what not, we have to find common ground, and work to shred the infringments one by one.

One of our main obstacles is the ignorace of others. It's not that they are against us per se, but general lack of knowlege and facts. I think more should be done to put ourselves out there educating others. This includes myself, I don't feel I've done enough lately and in the past years.

Just the other day, one of my elderly neighbors was burglarized in the city of Milwaukee. Now I don't know my neighbors very well as I'm new to the block. But I did get to have a lengthy conversation with a couple of my neighbors while gathered outside discussing the incident. Firearms and self defense came up, and I was pleased with the positive light given to the chatter.

People are fed up with being victimized. They are tired of being defenseless. I think society in general is more on alert now than in previous years, and I think this is helping our cause. I think we have an "untapped oilfield" of law abiding citizens who are waking up from their Matrix state of bliss compliments of Mr. "Better than you Government", and are looking for a cause to drill into.

Sorry for the long introduction, but I'm passionate about our rights, just as all of you. I'm raising my hand to say "no more will I tolerate arrests for disorderly conduct in WI for open carry". There is a line drawn in my mind, and that line has been crossed to many times in too many states, and it's time for action.

It's time for us to sit "in that area of the bus where we are not allowed". Just tell me where to sit and when, I'm on board.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Welcome. Perhaps you could edit your profile to include your city of residence? Thank you for a fine first post that has provided a positive first impression. That alone is a good teaching instance.

Who is the Sherman that you damn as 'backstabber,' please?

I am pleased that we agree "there should be no compromise on Constitutional rights" but further I believe that "compromise is failure on the installment plan."

Where to sit? In front, please. It is our bus and our classroom and we should not shrink from visibility.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

xenophon

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Who is the Sherman that you damn as 'backstabber,' please?

WI 74th Assembly District Democrat. He was a co-sponsor of the 2004 CCW bill, NRA member, voted for the bill, but come override time, he flipped. We lost by one override vote.