Thread: Thanks to the VCDL

Post imported post

I'd post this in the West Virginia section, but I wanted to be sure that VCDL members saw this. We had a great showing of support at the Ranson, WV city council meeting. Many members of the VCDL showed up to support us. We greatly appreciate your support and show of solidarity. I honestly believe that the Ranson City council was stunned by the turnout, and by the fact that people showed up to their meeting from another state.

Again, thanks so much for the show of support. I think it has really opened some eyes in your neighbor to the north.

-- Keith Morgan
    WVCDL

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

how many showed and where is the you tube link?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    how many showed and where is the you tube link?
    The youtube link is here.

I'm not sure exactly how many VCDL members showed up. The council chamber seats were mostly filled with WV folks, but it was standing room only. The entire back wall of the small chamber was packed with bodies, almost all of which were VCDL members. Honestly, there was such a strong showing of support, that most of the members of the council had a bit of a "deer in the headlights" expression. I don't think they ever dreamed that their proposed ban would have generated such a response.

Post imported post

Thanks, it was my pleasure to meet some of the WVCDL and just WV OCDO guys. As for who showed up, it was just me and nakedshoplifter, but I guess we had the entire back wall, the room was quite small. > )

The invitation to the next VCDL meeting is still open if you're able to, thanks again for the thanks, and please keep in touch, especially if there's anything going on right near the border that VA guys would drive to.
    -Unrequited