• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks to the VCDL

siglite

imported post

I'd post this in the West Virginia section, but I wanted to be sure that VCDL members saw this. We had a great showing of support at the Ranson, WV city council meeting. Many members of the VCDL showed up to support us. We greatly appreciate your support and show of solidarity. I honestly believe that the Ranson City council was stunned by the turnout, and by the fact that people showed up to their meeting from another state.

Again, thanks so much for the show of support. I think it has really opened some eyes in your neighbor to the north.

-- Keith Morgan
WVCDL

siglite

imported post

ed wrote:
how many showed and where is the you tube link?
The youtube link is here.

I'm not sure exactly how many VCDL members showed up. The council chamber seats were mostly filled with WV folks, but it was standing room only. The entire back wall of the small chamber was packed with bodies, almost all of which were VCDL members. Honestly, there was such a strong showing of support, that most of the members of the council had a bit of a "deer in the headlights" expression. I don't think they ever dreamed that their proposed ban would have generated such a response.

unrequited

imported post

Thanks, it was my pleasure to meet some of the WVCDL and just WV OCDO guys. As for who showed up, it was just me and nakedshoplifter, but I guess we had the entire back wall, the room was quite small. > )

The invitation to the next VCDL meeting is still open if you're able to, thanks again for the thanks, and please keep in touch, especially if there's anything going on right near the border that VA guys would drive to.