Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park City

Post imported post

Anyone OC up in Park City? Got a CCW just curious if anyone got hassled up here?

Post imported post

glock10mm wrote:
    Anyone OC up in Park City? Got a CCW just curious if anyone got hassled up here?

http://www.parkcity.org/government/c...s/title_8.html

"8- 6- 1. USE AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS.

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer engaged in the performance of his official duties, to use, or possess with intent to use in any area within the confines of the city limits, whether public or private, any gun, revolver, or firearm of any kind or nature, or air gun, or sling shot, or rubber flipper, or bow and arrow of any other such type instrument designed to propel or throw missiles, unless upon a place specifically designed exclusively for the use of any such type instrument."

"8- 6- 3. UNLAWFUL WEAPONS.

It shall be unlawful for any person except a peace officer, to carry any brass knuckles, firearms, daggers, stiletto, nunchaku stick, or any other instrument or object capable of causing death or serious bodily injury concealed upon his person.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except a peace officer, to carry concealed on his person, any dangerous weapon with the intent or the purpose to use the same to harm, maim, or injure another person, animal, or thing. For the purpose of this subsection:

(A) Dangerous weapon shall mean any item that, in the manner of its use or intended use, is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury; and

(B) In construing whether or not an object or thing not commonly known as a dangerous weapon is a dangerous weapon, the character of the wound produced, if any; and the manner in which the instrument, object, or thing was used or intended to be used, are factors which the court shall take into account in deciding the question."

It looks to me like those folks up in Park City have not heard of State Preemption.

They have illegal laws.

Tarzan

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    It looks to me like those folks up in Park City have not heard of State Preemption.

They have illegal laws.

My thoughts exactly asI was reading their laws.

I think I would do it anyway.

not sure about 8-6-1, you really wouldn't intend to discharge it unless for self defence

but 8-6-3 only says "concealed". My response to a stop for this one would be I dont want to break your illegal law by lawfully concealing my weapon with my CWP,

cant a law suit be filed against the city for their illegal laws?

Post imported post

OOOOH!!! OC meet in Park City! :P
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

well I just emailed the mayor and city council about their illegal laws and asked that theysee they get changed

So, could the city be sued for this?

I'm seeing Chicago and San Francisco, getting sued for 2A rights

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    :celebratelets go, I like going up there

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    http://www.parkcity.org/government/c...s/title_8.html

"8- 6- 1. USE AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS.

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer engaged in the performance of his official duties, to use, or possess with intent to use in any area within the confines of the city limits, whether public or private, any gun, revolver, or firearm of any kind or nature, or air gun, or sling shot, or rubber flipper, or bow and arrow of any other such type instrument designed to propel or throw missiles, unless upon a place specifically designed exclusively for the use of any such type instrument."

"8- 6- 3. UNLAWFUL WEAPONS.

It shall be unlawful for any person except a peace officer, to carry any brass knuckles, firearms, daggers, stiletto, nunchaku stick, or any other instrument or object capable of causing death or serious bodily injury concealed upon his person.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except a peace officer, to carry concealed on his person, any dangerous weapon with the intent or the purpose to use the same to harm, maim, or injure another person, animal, or thing. For the purpose of this subsection:

(A) Dangerous weapon shall mean any item that, in the manner of its use or intended use, is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury; and

(B) In construing whether or not an object or thing not commonly known as a dangerous weapon is a dangerous weapon, the character of the wound produced, if any; and the manner in which the instrument, object, or thing was used or intended to be used, are factors which the court shall take into account in deciding the question."

They have illegal laws.

Tarzan
    WOW, OC'ed in Park City before. No problems. Maybe they know they are preempted and do not try to enforce them.

Didn't even get asked to see my permit.

Post imported post

OC'd up at Tanger Outlets (Kimball Junction), but not up in the downtown area. No problems...

Sounds like AG Shurtleff needs an email about the Park City laws...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Well here is the answer I got from the park city mayor.

Dear Joe,
    Thank you for bringing this up. I will forward to the legal department.
    Mayor Dana Williams

So I guess we'll see, a email to the AG might be good to.

Post imported post

usSiR wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote:
    :celebratelets go, I like going up there
    Do you think the State AG would join us if we offered to buy his lunch? It would be nice to have the trump card in hand if they decided to enforce their illegal laws.

Post imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
    OC'd up at Tanger Outlets (Kimball Junction), but not up in the downtown area. No problems...

Sounds like AG Shurtleff needs an email about the Park City laws...
    I Emailed Mark, Clark, Mitch, Rep Odaand Charlesabout an hour ago.

TJ

Post imported post

I am curious, why do you e-mail Rep. Oda when it is not in his district?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    I am curious, why do you e-mail Rep. Oda when it is not in his district?
    He just want to know about stuff like this so that he can still help in any way that he is capable of.

He has expressed an interest in me Emailing him stuff too.

TJ

Post imported post

If we have an OC meet in Park City, then SGT Jensen is driving:P

I wanna pay 63 cents a gallon

Post imported post

I don't know if I can afford the drive. My gas is now 85 cents a gallon as of July 1st.

Post imported post

Rub it in our face why don't ya?

:P

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    I don't know if I can afford the drive. My gas is now 85 cents a gallon as of July 1st.
    What are you driving and how much did it cost you?

Post imported post

He's driving a Compressed Natural Gas car.

You know, I heard that you could get it directly from your home supply, not sure if it's true though.

Post imported post

It is a 2000 Ford Contour. I paid $3000 for it last year. I could refuel at home, but I don't want to pay $5000 for a compressor.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

here is the responseI got from one of the City Officials, I assume she's a gun grabber

Candy Erickson wrote:
    Dear Joe,

I will have our attorneys check our codes to make sure they comply with state laws. As we have relatively little violance of any kind in Park City I would like you to reconsider your need to carry such weapons while on vacation in our City. Thank you Candy

She needs to use spell check, "violance"

Post imported post

Candy Erickson wrote:
    I would like you to reconsider your need to carry such weapons while on vacation in our City.
    We don't need to carry weapons, Candy. :quirky We desire to do so. :P

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    It is a 2000 Ford Contour. I paid $3000 for it last year. I could refuel at home, but I don't want to pay $5000 for a compressor.
    Holy Crap!!!! So why doesn't everyone buy one? Are good deals just hard to find? Do manufacturers offer them or do you have to find someone that has converted one?

Post imported post

usSiR wrote:
    here is the responseI got from one of the City Officials, I assume she's a gun grabber

Candy Erickson wrote:
    Dear Joe,

I will have our attorneys check our codes to make sure they comply with state laws. As we have relatively little violance of any kind in Park City I would like you to reconsider your need to carry such weapons while on vacation in our City. Thank you Candy

She needs to use spell check, "violance"
    She should have put: "Dear Joe, As far as I know, violant criminals don't know about Park City and therefore never come here. I'm sure that if anything did happen, a swift ninja kick will suffice. Why do you feel you need that "thing" while vacationing (I didn't know I was vacationing when I drive to Park City.... lucky me!) in our city."

Post imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
    Holy Crap!!!! So why doesn't everyone buy one? Are good deals just hard to find? Do manufacturers offer them or do you have to find someone that has converted one?
    Supply and demand, my friend. Look on KSL, you will be hard pressed to find a decent used natural gas vehicle under $10,000. EPA certified conversions cost about $10,000 as well. The only automaker that currently offers a new natural gas powered vehicle is Honda, with the Honda Civic GX.

Post imported post

Why would anybody name their child Candy?

Anyway, no their laws are not in keeping with the law, but they won't change them until we make them do it, now how do we go about this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast