• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Park City

xRapidDavex

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
It is a 2000 Ford Contour. I paid $3000 for it last year. I could refuel at home, but I don't want to pay $5000 for a compressor.
Holy Crap!!!! So why doesn't everyone buy one? Are good deals just hard to find? Do manufacturers offer them or do you have to find someone that has converted one?

xRapidDavex

imported post

usSiR wrote:
here is the responseI got from one of the City Officials, I assume she's a gun grabber

Candy Erickson wrote:
Dear Joe,

I will have our attorneys check our codes to make sure they comply with state laws. As we have relatively little violance of any kind in Park City I would like you to reconsider your need to carry such weapons while on vacation in our City. Thank you Candy

She needs to use spell check, "violance"
She should have put: "Dear Joe, As far as I know, violant criminals don't know about Park City and therefore never come here. I'm sure that if anything did happen, a swift ninja kick will suffice. Why do you feel you need that "thing" while vacationing (I didn't know I was vacationing when I drive to Park City.... lucky me!) in our city."

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
Holy Crap!!!! So why doesn't everyone buy one? Are good deals just hard to find? Do manufacturers offer them or do you have to find someone that has converted one?
Supply and demand, my friend. Look on KSL, you will be hard pressed to find a decent used natural gas vehicle under $10,000. EPA certified conversions cost about $10,000 as well. The only automaker that currently offers a new natural gas powered vehicle is Honda, with the Honda Civic GX.

thx997303

imported post

Why would anybody name their child Candy?

Anyway, no their laws are not in keeping with the law, but they won't change them until we make them do it, now how do we go about this?

GeneticsDave

imported post

usSiR wrote:
here is the responseI got from one of the City Officials, I assume she's a gun grabber

Candy Erickson wrote:
Dear Joe,

I will have our attorneys check our codes to make sure they comply with state laws. As we have relatively little violance of any kind in Park City I would like you to reconsider your need to carry such weapons while on vacation in our City. Thank you Candy

She needs to use spell check, "violance"
I am very sure they have little "violance", but I would bet they have their fair share of violence. :lol:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
Why does this article quote a number significantly less than yours for conversion??
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Green-Transportation/1972-05-01/Convert-Your-Car-To-Propane.aspx
Many reasons.

1. That article was written in 1972.

2. My car runs on natural gas, compressed to 3000 psi, not liquid propane.

3. My car was not converted, it was factory built for $5,000 more than retail price.

4. Most cars are controlled by an on board diagnostic computer, that hippie bus is carburated.

5. Conversions used to be cheaper. Many people now want their cars to use a less expensive, or cleaner fuel. Since there are only a handful of EPA certified installers available, wait times are long, and they can charge a premium.

6. Yes, you can buy a CNG kit for about $2,000 and install it yourself. Is it legal? No, your vehicle will not pass an emissions check.

7. Yes, there are mechanics that will install a CNG system for $5,000, instead of $10,000. Are they certified? No, again, your car will not pass an emissions test.

Believe me, I want everybody here to be able to pay $70 dollars ($355 with inflation from 1972 to 2007) for a conversion. It will not happen. Even if you did what this article says, liquid propane is only about $1 per gallon cheaper than gasoline. And you would need a hippie bus!

MountainManXD

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
"8- 6- 1. USE AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS.

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer engaged in the performance of his official duties, to use, or possess with intent to use in any area within the confines of the city limits, whether public or private, any gun, revolver, or firearm of any kind or nature, or air gun, or sling shot, or rubber flipper, or bow and arrow of any other such type instrument designed to propel or throw missiles, unless upon a place specifically designed exclusively for the use of any such type instrument."
Does anyone know where the "rubber flipper" range is in park city?:lol:

Would you have to get city approval to have an area in your back yard thatis specifically designed exclusively for use of a rubber flipper?:banghead:

Probably preaching to the choir, but this seems to be more than just a little insane.:cuss:

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ok...

What is a rubber flipper? Is it a rubber band gun? I can only assume so.

I searched for it on the internet and only found that they are illegal in Salt Lake City, Park City, somewhere in CA.

I also found the two paddle flippers on a pinball machine that have the rubber bands around them are also called rubber flippers

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
Rubber flipper-

Most of us call them slingshots.

Rubber flipper:lol:.

Yeah, I'd do an OC dinner in park City.

oh.... :lol:, I wonder if we get them to change thier laws they add in the air soft and painball guns too.

OC dinner in park city? sounds fun to me...

MountainManXD

imported post

usSiR wrote:
ok...

What is a rubber flipper? Is it a rubber band gun? I can only assume so.

I searched for it on the internet and only found that they are illegal in Salt Lake City, Park City, somewhere in CA.

I also found the two paddle flippers on a pinball machine that have the rubber bands around them are also called rubber flippers

I also assumed that a rubber flipper was a rubber band gun. Then I started thinking I ususally use my fingers to flip rubberbands.So maybe I am typing with my rubber flippers right now.:lol:

Seriously, this is almost as bad as South Jordan. No nerf darts for my kids while hanging out in Park City.

thx997303

imported post

That is some bull......NO rubber flippers except at a rubber flipper range?

I think they need to wake up and realize that they're stupid.

colormered

imported post

Anyone know if the BATFRFE (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms Rubber Flippers Etcetera) has one of those $200 stamps to pre-empt this Rubber Flipper ban? Of course, the rubber needs to be certified pre-1986, and of course, not one of those "high capacity" rubbers, and absolutely not "assault rubber" (As we all know, rubber flippers were not affected by the sunset of the Clinton administration) After all, "it's for the children!!!"

Anyone NOT nauseated yet?