• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Park City

glock10mm

imported post

Anyone OC up in Park City? Got a CCW just curious if anyone got hassled up here?

tarzan1888

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
Anyone OC up in Park City? Got a CCW just curious if anyone got hassled up here?

http://www.parkcity.org/government/codesandpolicies/title_8.html

"8- 6- 1. USE AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS.

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer engaged in the performance of his official duties, to use, or possess with intent to use in any area within the confines of the city limits, whether public or private, any gun, revolver, or firearm of any kind or nature, or air gun, or sling shot, or rubber flipper, or bow and arrow of any other such type instrument designed to propel or throw missiles, unless upon a place specifically designed exclusively for the use of any such type instrument."

"8- 6- 3. UNLAWFUL WEAPONS.

It shall be unlawful for any person except a peace officer, to carry any brass knuckles, firearms, daggers, stiletto, nunchaku stick, or any other instrument or object capable of causing death or serious bodily injury concealed upon his person.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except a peace officer, to carry concealed on his person, any dangerous weapon with the intent or the purpose to use the same to harm, maim, or injure another person, animal, or thing. For the purpose of this subsection:

(A) Dangerous weapon shall mean any item that, in the manner of its use or intended use, is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury; and

(B) In construing whether or not an object or thing not commonly known as a dangerous weapon is a dangerous weapon, the character of the wound produced, if any; and the manner in which the instrument, object, or thing was used or intended to be used, are factors which the court shall take into account in deciding the question."

It looks to me like those folks up in Park City have not heard of State Preemption.

They have illegal laws.

Tarzan

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
It looks to me like those folks up in Park City have not heard of State Preemption.

They have illegal laws.

My thoughts exactly asI was reading their laws.

I think I would do it anyway.

not sure about 8-6-1, you really wouldn't intend to discharge it unless for self defence

but 8-6-3 only says "concealed". My response to a stop for this one would be I dont want to break your illegal law by lawfully concealing my weapon with my CWP, :lol:

cant a law suit be filed against the city for their illegal laws?

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

well I just emailed the mayor and city council about their illegal laws and asked that theysee they get changed

So, could the city be sued for this?

I'm seeing Chicago and San Francisco, getting sued for 2A rights

possumboy

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
http://www.parkcity.org/government/codesandpolicies/title_8.html

"8- 6- 1. USE AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS.

It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer engaged in the performance of his official duties, to use, or possess with intent to use in any area within the confines of the city limits, whether public or private, any gun, revolver, or firearm of any kind or nature, or air gun, or sling shot, or rubber flipper, or bow and arrow of any other such type instrument designed to propel or throw missiles, unless upon a place specifically designed exclusively for the use of any such type instrument."

"8- 6- 3. UNLAWFUL WEAPONS.

It shall be unlawful for any person except a peace officer, to carry any brass knuckles, firearms, daggers, stiletto, nunchaku stick, or any other instrument or object capable of causing death or serious bodily injury concealed upon his person.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except a peace officer, to carry concealed on his person, any dangerous weapon with the intent or the purpose to use the same to harm, maim, or injure another person, animal, or thing. For the purpose of this subsection:

(A) Dangerous weapon shall mean any item that, in the manner of its use or intended use, is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury; and

(B) In construing whether or not an object or thing not commonly known as a dangerous weapon is a dangerous weapon, the character of the wound produced, if any; and the manner in which the instrument, object, or thing was used or intended to be used, are factors which the court shall take into account in deciding the question."

They have illegal laws.

Tarzan
WOW, OC'ed in Park City before. No problems. Maybe they know they are preempted and do not try to enforce them.

Didn't even get asked to see my permit.

GeneticsDave

imported post

OC'd up at Tanger Outlets (Kimball Junction), but not up in the downtown area. No problems...

Sounds like AG Shurtleff needs an email about the Park City laws...

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well here is the answer I got from the park city mayor.

Dear Joe,
Thank you for bringing this up. I will forward to the legal department.
Mayor Dana Williams

So I guess we'll see, a email to the AG might be good to.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
OC'd up at Tanger Outlets (Kimball Junction), but not up in the downtown area. No problems...

Sounds like AG Shurtleff needs an email about the Park City laws...

I Emailed Mark, Clark, Mitch, Rep Odaand Charlesabout an hour ago.

TJ

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I am curious, why do you e-mail Rep. Oda when it is not in his district?

He just want to know about stuff like this so that he can still help in any way that he is capable of.

He has expressed an interest in me Emailing him stuff too.

TJ

xRapidDavex

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
:cuss: I don't know if I can afford the drive. My gas is now 85 cents a gallon as of July 1st.:cuss:
What are you driving and how much did it cost you?

thx997303

imported post

He's driving a Compressed Natural Gas car.

You know, I heard that you could get it directly from your home supply, not sure if it's true though.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

here is the responseI got from one of the City Officials, I assume she's a gun grabber

Candy Erickson wrote:
Dear Joe,

I will have our attorneys check our codes to make sure they comply with state laws. As we have relatively little violance of any kind in Park City I would like you to reconsider your need to carry such weapons while on vacation in our City. Thank you Candy

She needs to use spell check, "violance"