• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Ammendment Concert in Vigirina City on the 4th

njeske

imported post

Anyone else want to go? I thought about it since I figured we could open carry without too much issue since it's billed as a 2nd ammendment concert and I believe we've heard back positively regarding the status of civilian open carry in Virginia City since SB92 passed.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I read that it starts at 6PM. I think that will be too early for me. I'm going to Virginia Cityto seefireworks,but I'll be with my family andthey don't get off work until 7pm in Reno. (Parking can be crowded up there so its good to get there as early as possible.)

Normally they also raffle off a cap and ball revolver somewhere up there to help fund the fireworks.

Loneviking

imported post

If you're going, head for the parking lot next to the Bucket of Blood saloon. You'll get a great view of the fireworks,and usually the concert is held there as well.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I just got back from Virginia City about an hour ago.

I actually got up to Virginia City quite a bit earlier than I thought since they got off work early. I glanced around a few times during and after the concert to see if I saw anyone else from here but I mostly just saw people with old west looking guns. The music was loud enough that I could hear it walking around town.

I also had the opportunity to talk to a couple people who were interested in Nevada firearm laws.

Good fireworks. Fun town. I open carried with zero problems. I didn't catch who won the raffle for the Uberti in .45 Colt. I couldn't seem to find the gun shop they had open up there last year. I'm not sure if it got replaced with another shop or if I just wasn't looking in the same place.

njeske

imported post

I had a good day in VC as well, but did have an incident with Storey County deputies. I will post about itlater today. Got to leave now to head in tothe PRK to visit family for the rest of the weekend... :banghead: