• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

walther p22

whoopingllama

imported post

I have a walther p22. I'm having trouble finding a holster. I got the fobus paddle holster. I don't like it. I need suggestions for open and concealed.

tracylaud83

imported post

I use the following for my Walther P-22

OWB Uncle Mikes Sidekick

IWB Uncle Mikes

Paddle FOBUS

Deep Smartcarry

I prefer CC, even when I visit OC States

I feel really comfortable in using my P-22, and do not mind carrying it

silly34

imported post

I also have a P22, and I was curious:

The OWB Uncle Mike's Sidekick says it for concealment in all the descriptions I have found. Do you use it for OC?

I think I will be OCing most of the time, and I would like a good OC holster. CC is very difficult for me, as I am a small girl at 5'4" and 115 lbs. Not a lot of places to hide a gun :banghead:

I have an ankle holster for CC but as with all ankle holsters, it is slow to draw from and sometimes doesn't fit.

-K

whoopingllama

imported post

I have been thinking about starting to OCing. Which is the main reason why I was asking for suggestions. I have a the Fobus, but when I was practice drawing the front sight started popping out. I am also pretty skinny so if I'm not careful I end up just jabbing myself really hard with the edges of the holster.

I'm gonna go to Bass Pro. in a couple days to see what they have.

But basically since I got it, I haven't really gotten a chance to carry it at all.

tracylaud83

imported post

I live in Florida, so OC is not an option, except for around the house.

If I leave my property, I just pull my shirt out, and CC. So I really use the Uncle Mikes Sidekick OWB mostly.

If I'm going somewhere that i really think Deep CC, I use the Smartcarry.

I was in a meeting, and my carry was mentioned, and the genleman my wife and I were talking to, looked at me and said, Your wearing shorts, and your shirts tucked in, you don't have a weapon on you now. I laughed and said your correct I guess.

My wife just smiled, We both knew my P-22 was in my Smartcarry, and this guy was looking and couldn't see it.

I forgot I have a ankle holster, I HATE that thing..............

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

silly34 wrote:
I also have a P22, and I was curious:

The OWB Uncle Mike's Sidekick says it for concealment in all the descriptions I have found. Do you use it for OC?

I think I will be OCing most of the time, and I would like a good OC holster. CC is very difficult for me, as I am a small girl at 5'4" and 115 lbs. Not a lot of places to hide a gun :banghead:

I have an ankle holster for CC but as with all ankle holsters, it is slow to draw from and sometimes doesn't fit.

-K

lol Yeah, there are a lot of companies that say their holsters are for "concealment". Safariland's website is a good example. They have "Duty Gear", "Concealment", and "Competition". Soapparently, unless you're a cop, you have to conceal lol. Uncle Mike's holsters are fine for open carry. Their thumb-break is the only one I don't mind carrying with.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

My wife has a P22 and a Glock 26. The P22 fits in her Glock 26 SEPRA holster, and locks in. It wobbles around in the holster, but the SERPA lock does engage. Other SERPA's may work better.

whoopingllama

imported post

Yeah, I got a blackhawk generic medium frame holster. Which is cool because it holds both the P22 and my beretta 9000. When I got the P22 I got a fobus holster at the same time. But, when was trying to practice the draw, the front sight kept popping out, and it was really hard to actually get the gu out too. However, since it came to other different sized front sights, when i finally got a chance to go do some test-firing, I needed to a switch to one of the different size sights anyway. It seems pretty well stuck in place. That's good. What I've done with the fobus holster is I've had a clothespin wedged in the part where the trigger guard goes for a couple of months to stretch it out a little. Now, it's perfect and works great without any sights popping out or anything.

I would very much like to see pics of your holster though anyway.