Thread: Lewisburg/Greenbrier County

Post imported post

This is my first post.

Just to double/triple/quadruple check, I called the sheriff's office and got in touch with him. He said to OC in Lewisburg/GBC it had to be holstered and unloaded. He also tacitly told me I'd have a hard time with the LEO's if I OC'd. What's the deal?

I really want to OC, b/c I don't want to carry concealed illegaly. Although my time here in WV has been nearly flawless, there are times when some of the locals have given me hostile looks. And I wasn't doing anything, except for looking hispanic.

Post imported post

The deal is that OC, though legal,is very rare. I've lived in WV my entire life and only rarely see it. Problems with LEare largely going to vary by the individual officer and you're location in the state. There are also lots of miss informed people (including LE) about OC. I've askedquite a few LEO's about OC and generally only gotten a confused and rambling answer. Only two have given me a straightand correct answer about OC. One was my grandfather, a retired WVSPFirst Sgt.and a Major Jenkins(I think) with the DNR.

BTW, welcome to OCDO!