• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SERPA Level 3: I'm Droolin..

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Personally I've never had any worries about the retention on my L2 Serpa. The only use I can see for this is if you're a police officer and are required to have a L3.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

asforme wrote:
Personally I've never had any worries about the retention on my L2 Serpa. The only use I can see for this is if you're a police officer and are required to have a L3.

Well...,it does make it nice to OC even when you have a jacket on cuz the jacket just "slips" between the gun and the belt.

Sure would look nicer when having a shirt/T-shirt or something outside and it doesn't have to wrinkle.

TJ

UTOC-45-44

imported post

It's a [suP][suB]little bit[/suB][/suP] pricy at $102.99 from Blackhawk, BUT I could get one for my S&W 4006 and make some [suP][suB]smal[/suB][/suP]l modifications.:celebrate

None for my Kimber:X.

TJ

scorpioajr

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
It's a [sup][sub]little bit[/sub][/sup] pricy at $102.99 from Blackhawk, BUT I could get one for my S&W 4006 and make some [sup][sub]smal[/sub][/sup]l modifications.:celebrate

None for my Kimber:X.

TJ

$80-somethin on Ebay - got to be carefull on sizing - they didnt make any for my SIGMA, so i ordered 1 for a Glock 20/21...not to mention that other retention screw thingy will help out small frame guns..

Yea Tj, a bit pricey though, i agreed. COOL though!

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Does the duty belt attachment on it still allow it to go on a standard belt? I don't know if I'd like how low it rides either.

scorpioajr

imported post

asforme wrote:
Does the duty belt attachment on it still allow it to go on a standard belt? I don't know if I'd like how low it rides either.

me either, but i alrea got the level two and figured those two screws will interect will my current paddle (that has 3 opossed to only 2 screws, but the screws are centered at the bottom, so..)

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Of course, I'm thinking about this again, maybe it has to ride that low for a good draw. It doesn't have the speed cut like the L2 so the end of the barrel must completely clear the top of the holster before it can be pointed forward. With the high ride of the L2 a full sized pistol would be in my armpit before I could clear the holster.

PavePusher

imported post

Nothing for 1911's. Bugger. Oh well, I have my L2's for both right and left hand, so I'm covered...

What I really need is another gun, so I can double rig...:what:

scorpioajr

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Nothing for 1911's. Bugger. Oh well, I have my L2's for both right and left hand, so I'm covered...

What I really need is another gun, so I can double rig...:what:
NOW your thinking straight!

Attachments

• be_prepared.jpg
    be_prepared.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 197
  • be_prepared.jpg
    be_prepared.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 195

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
Whoever owns those, should give them ALL to ME!!
We should put out an ad.

Did you inherit an evil firearm?
Call the gun disposal team!
We will take any firearm, and send it to its proper resting place. (My gun safe. ;))
HURRY! Call now! Before that evil World War II relic does any more damage.