• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC (The spray variety)

MetalChris

imported post

First off, I want to let you all know I did run a search for "spray", "OC spray", and "pepper spray" before posting this, so there, that's covered. ;)

Anyway, what kind of OC spray do you guys use/would you recommend? I was looking around a bit and saw this from Kimber. Looks pretty nice but you only have 2 shots with the thing. There's alsothis option, which is more conventional.

I want to have pepper spray available so I can follow the use of force model to the best of my ability. If it is possible to de-escalate a situation by the use of less than lethal force, that's coo because I don't want to have to scrub blood out of my carpet. ;)

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
saw this from Kimber. Looks pretty nice but you only have 2 shots with the thing.
If you need more than two shots of OC I think it's time to use the other Kimber.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I like the Guardian Angel and carry one. Figure like asforme sez if you need more than the two blasts from the Guardian Angel, probably time to get out the gun.

LEO 229

imported post

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=SD112

19161.jpg

Spring-loaded protective cap prevents accidental discharges.

• Inside is FOX 5.3, a 2% Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) formula, rated at a true 5.3 million Scoville Heat Unit (SHU)
  • Non-lethal, non-flammable, aerosol defense spray packs all the unbridled stopping power of high percentage formulas
  • Lower percentages of OC decrease the recovery time and therefore the liability risks
  • Heavy stream
  • 2.0 oz

LEO 229

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Is that what you carry for duty, 229?
It is very close. I do not remember the name of my stuff but will PM you when I take a look.