Thread: Fire Mission - Heller Poll from Blackspin

Post imported post

Poll is at the bottom of the article before the comments.

Link: http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/200...supreme-court/
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

91% help when first posted. How high can we get the number?:celebrate
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Voted Help. Current Results:

Will the Supreme Court ruiling hurt or help people living in dangerous neighborhoods?

Help 92% 346
    Hurt 7% 26
    Not sure 1% 3
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Post imported post

92% now.:what:

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

Poll Results

Will the Supreme Court ruiling hurt or help people living in dangerous neighborhoods?

Help 93% 363

Hurt 7% 26

Not sure 0% 3

Total Votes: 392

Post imported post

Help 93% 374
    Hurt 6% 26
    Not sure 1% 3

There is simply no way that most God-fearing people, practicing at the shooting range twice a year, can match the trigger happy ruthlessness of a perp determined to do bodily harm. In that moment of hesitation, it's all over.
    Why not go the range every month? or every other month? I don't see how this is justification for keeping other law-abiding citizens whom are dedicated to self-defense from owning firearms.

Post imported post

Help 94% 438
    Hurt 6% 26
    Not sure 0% 3

And John, I go about 1.5 - 3 times per month.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Help

95%

Hurt

5%

Not sure

0%

Note on Poll Results Total Votes: 530

Post imported post

John wrote:
    Help 93% 374
    Hurt 6% 26
    Not sure 1% 3

There is simply no way that most God-fearing people, practicing at the shooting range twice a year, can match the trigger happy ruthlessness of a perp determined to do bodily harm. In that moment of hesitation, it's all over.
    Why not go the range every month? or every other month? I don't see how this is justification for keeping other law-abiding citizens whom are dedicated to self-defense from owning firearms.
    Yeah meanwhile they are gonna be so much better off being UNARMED against the thugs?

Post imported post

Pretty impressive poll result.

Post imported post

95% help now.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

JosephMingle wrote:
    You see, there is a reason for this. The black community is finally beginning to split between the head up there arse population whose leaders are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the like who actually BENEFIT from a conintual opression of the race and those who realized that in America the playing field is level enough that if you work hard enough and persevere you will be able to succeed.

Articles like this, who wish to portray the downtrodden black man as a hopeless simpleton who will see a gun and will immediately take to a life of crime is actually rascist in my eyes. Liberals and leaders of the tradionational black movement (ie Jackson and sharpton - Not MLK) prefer to keep them down and have blacks fulfill this self fulfilling prophecy and addiction to government control.

Finally though, slowly...ever slowly but surely the black community is starting to figure it out. Of course the ones that do, who pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and succeed are too often called Uncle Toms and sellouts, but their the ones opposed to the death tax and redistribution of wealth because the first segment of black millionaires are retiring and they are being replaced by many more. It would be even greater if more blacks just realized that America is not "out to keep them down" but rather the liberals in congress who need them to be disenfranchised are. Its always great campaign fodder when you can blame someone else for your problems. And liberals have been using the boogeyman of inequality and rascism for decades passed when it was an actually incumberance.

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    JosephMingle wrote:
    You see, there is a reason for this. The black community is finally beginning to split between the head up there arse population whose leaders are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the like who actually BENEFIT from a conintual opression of the race and those who realized that in America the playing field is level enough that if you work hard enough and persevere you will be able to succeed.

Articles like this, who wish to portray the downtrodden black man as a hopeless simpleton who will see a gun and will immediately take to a life of crime is actually rascist in my eyes. Liberals and leaders of the tradionational black movement (ie Jackson and sharpton - Not MLK) prefer to keep them down and have blacks fulfill this self fulfilling prophecy and addiction to government control.

Finally though, slowly...ever slowly but surely the black community is starting to figure it out. Of course the ones that do, who pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and succeed are too often called Uncle Toms and sellouts, but their the ones opposed to the death tax and redistribution of wealth because the first segment of black millionaires are retiring and they are being replaced by many more. It would be even greater if more blacks just realized that America is not "out to keep them down" but rather the liberals in congress who need them to be disenfranchised are. Its always great campaign fodder when you can blame someone else for your problems. And liberals have been using the boogeyman of inequality and rascism for decades passed when it was an actually incumberance.

+++10
    "Never pick a fight with an old spy. If he doesn't feel like fighting he'll just kill you."

T.S. Eggleston, DmAt, MSI - aka The Eggman
    www.TheEggman.com
    www.TheEgglestonGroup.com

"If You Can't Be Free, At Leat Be Irritating"

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    JosephMingle wrote:

You're absolutely right. The public flogging Bill Cosby has taken is proof that many don't like the song you're singing. But men like him haven't stopped.

There's a great chapter in "Economic Facts and Fallacies" by Thomas Sowell titled "Racial Facts and Fallacies" that details facts that support your observation here.

Post imported post

This poll just keeps getting better!!!

Help 96% - 617

Hurt 4% - 26

Not Sure 0% - 3

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Help 94% 438
    Hurt 6% 26
    Not sure 0% 3

And John, I go about 1.5 - 3 times per month.
    So do I, but I anticipate the argument from gun grabbers that most people can't afford to go to the range every week or two. If you can go once or every other month, you should be familiar enough with your weapon and then all you have to do is become familiar with the laws. But, I know, we're idiots who need a nanny-state to hold us by the hand.

Help 95% 634
    Hurt 4% 27
    Not sure 1% 3

Post imported post

John wrote:
    So do I, but I anticipate the argument from gun grabbers that most people can't afford to go to the range every week or two.
    BS. I only work about 5-7 months out of the year, BY CHOICE, and I go to the range whenever I feel like it.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

The poll results just keep getting better!!!

Help 97% - 833

Hurt 3% - 27

Not sure 0% 3