• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire Mission - Heller Poll from Blackspin

falcon1

imported post

Voted Help. Current Results:

Will the Supreme Court ruiling hurt or help people living in dangerous neighborhoods?

Help 92% 346
Hurt 7% 26
Not sure 1% 3

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Poll Results

Will the Supreme Court ruiling hurt or help people living in dangerous neighborhoods?

Help 93% 363

Hurt 7% 26

Not sure 0% 3

Total Votes: 392

John

imported post

Help 93% 374
Hurt 6% 26
Not sure 1% 3

There is simply no way that most God-fearing people, practicing at the shooting range twice a year, can match the trigger happy ruthlessness of a perp determined to do bodily harm. In that moment of hesitation, it's all over.

Why not go the range every month? or every other month? I don't see how this is justification for keeping other law-abiding citizens whom are dedicated to self-defense from owning firearms.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

John wrote:
Help 93% 374
Hurt 6% 26
Not sure 1% 3

There is simply no way that most God-fearing people, practicing at the shooting range twice a year, can match the trigger happy ruthlessness of a perp determined to do bodily harm. In that moment of hesitation, it's all over.

Why not go the range every month? or every other month? I don't see how this is justification for keeping other law-abiding citizens whom are dedicated to self-defense from owning firearms.
Yeah meanwhile they are gonna be so much better off being UNARMED against the thugs?

Prophet

imported post

JosephMingle wrote:
Pretty impressive poll result.

You see, there is a reason for this. The black community is finally beginning to split between the head up there arse population whose leaders are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the like who actually BENEFIT from a conintual opression of the race and those who realized that in America the playing field is level enough that if you work hard enough and persevere you will be able to succeed.

Articles like this, who wish to portray the downtrodden black man as a hopeless simpleton who will see a gun and will immediately take to a life of crime is actually rascist in my eyes. Liberals and leaders of the tradionational black movement (ie Jackson and sharpton - Not MLK) prefer to keep them down and have blacks fulfill this self fulfilling prophecy and addiction to government control.

Finally though, slowly...ever slowly but surely the black community is starting to figure it out. Of course the ones that do, who pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and succeed are too often called Uncle Toms and sellouts, but their the ones opposed to the death tax and redistribution of wealth because the first segment of black millionaires are retiring and they are being replaced by many more. It would be even greater if more blacks just realized that America is not "out to keep them down" but rather the liberals in congress who need them to be disenfranchised are. Its always great campaign fodder when you can blame someone else for your problems. And liberals have been using the boogeyman of inequality and rascism for decades passed when it was an actually incumberance.

TheEggman

imported post

Prophet wrote:
JosephMingle wrote:

You see, there is a reason for this. The black community is finally beginning to split between the head up there arse population whose leaders are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the like who actually BENEFIT from a conintual opression of the race and those who realized that in America the playing field is level enough that if you work hard enough and persevere you will be able to succeed.

Articles like this, who wish to portray the downtrodden black man as a hopeless simpleton who will see a gun and will immediately take to a life of crime is actually rascist in my eyes. Liberals and leaders of the tradionational black movement (ie Jackson and sharpton - Not MLK) prefer to keep them down and have blacks fulfill this self fulfilling prophecy and addiction to government control.

Finally though, slowly...ever slowly but surely the black community is starting to figure it out. Of course the ones that do, who pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and succeed are too often called Uncle Toms and sellouts, but their the ones opposed to the death tax and redistribution of wealth because the first segment of black millionaires are retiring and they are being replaced by many more. It would be even greater if more blacks just realized that America is not "out to keep them down" but rather the liberals in congress who need them to be disenfranchised are. Its always great campaign fodder when you can blame someone else for your problems. And liberals have been using the boogeyman of inequality and rascism for decades passed when it was an actually incumberance.
+++10

JosephMingle

imported post

Prophet wrote:
JosephMingle wrote:

You're absolutely right. The public flogging Bill Cosby has taken is proof that many don't like the song you're singing. But men like him haven't stopped.

There's a great chapter in "Economic Facts and Fallacies" by Thomas Sowell titled "Racial Facts and Fallacies" that details facts that support your observation here.

John

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Help 94% 438
Hurt 6% 26
Not sure 0% 3

And John, I go about 1.5 - 3 times per month. :D

So do I, but I anticipate the argument from gun grabbers that most people can't afford to go to the range every week or two. If you can go once or every other month, you should be familiar enough with your weapon and then all you have to do is become familiar with the laws. But, I know, we're idiots who need a nanny-state to hold us by the hand.

Help 95% 634
Hurt 4% 27
Not sure 1% 3

AbNo

imported post

John wrote:
So do I, but I anticipate the argument from gun grabbers that most people can't afford to go to the range every week or two.

BS. I only work about 5-7 months out of the year, BY CHOICE, and I go to the range whenever I feel like it. :D