• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ACLU Being blasted...

Sheldon

imported post

From http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68695 World Net Daily
Hundreds of comments have been posted in just the first few days of July, almost uniformly condemning the ACLU's explanation of its position on gun rights, which is that individuals don't have them.

"The ACLU interprets the Second Amendment as a collective right. Therefore, we disagree with the Supreme Court's decision in D.C. v. Heller," the page started. "While the decision is a significant and historic reinterpretation of the right to keep and bear arms, the decision leaves many important questions unanswered that will have to be resolved in future litigation, including what regulations are permissible, and which weapons are embraced by the Second Amendment right that the Court has now recognized."
http://blog.aclu.org/2008/07/01/heller-decision-and-the-second-amendment/#comment-1619" ACLU Blog in case you want to add your twe cents worth.

crotalus01

imported post

WOW...I just read the whole comments section, even the Liberals are ******* pissed. The ACLU is taking an assfucking on this one big time :celebrate

They are losing members and contributions left and right if one is to believe the comments left on their blog :celebrate

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
crotalus01 wrote:
They are losing members and contributions left and right if one is to believe the comments left on their blog :celebrate
good. quite frankly, they need to be shut down.

Or, taken over by someone who can use the name correctly.

John

imported post

The ALCU is a mouthpiece for the left, nothing more. The people have spoken, time and time again. We want the federal government to leave us alone and we want our firearms. This is non-negotiable! If you're going to take us on, you're going to catch hell for it.

AbNo

imported post

Serves those
aclu_small.jpg
bastages right. :monkey

(Picture swiped from http://patriotshop.us ):exclaim:

Hey, you guys should trust the ACLU’s decision to go against DC v. Heller.

I mean, after all, only the government should be allowed to speak, and you should only have protection from search and seizure when you’re out in public, right?

Right?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Reinterpreted the 2A? I am not surprised that a collectivist organization sees it as a collectivist right. However, I am surprised that an organization which sees so many things not in the constitution as "rights" that they so easily dismiss the 2A as an individual right.

Tomahawk

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Serves those
aclu_small.jpg
bastages right. :monkey

(Picture swiped from http://patriotshop.us ):exclaim:

Isn't "enemy of the state" considered a badge of honor? Isn't that what communists called people who opposed them? What nazis called people who opposed them? What Sean Hannity calls people who opposed Bush? What Hillary thinks of those who opposed Bill?

As far as I can tell, ACLU is a FRIEND OF THE STATE.

Let them burn down. Like someone else said, it's time for a house-cleaning and a newer, more sensible guard for our liberties.