• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in the Maryville/Alcoa area

massltca

imported post

Has anyone ever open carried in the Maryville area? If so does law enforcement respect people who do so and not harass them? I am new to the area and don't plan on trying it til I get my HCP.

massltca

imported post

I'm still doing research and figuring out what's off limits around here. We live next to a public park and a school so I have to be real careful. One thing I don't quite understand though, I know that resturants that serve alcohol are off limits, but it seems that the law also bans carry at places that sell alcohol as well. So does this include gas stations, convenience stores? I'm confused about this, any help would be most apreciated.

Fallguy

imported post

No, only places that serve alcohol for "onsite consumption" are off limits. The other places used to be, but the law changed several years ago.

massltca

imported post

Ok, I got confused by the wording when I was looking over the AG's opinions. Probably exactly what they where going for, the laws are as clear as mud. :uhoh: